Dear International People buying records from the US.

So no complaints about vinyl cost from me. BUT! seriously, the price of a pint of beer can fuck right off, $10 minimum to cop a pint here :( I'm better off staying home on the weekend, buying records all night. Plus, no brutal hangovers.

Whoa whoa whoa. Do you live in Perth? Or a dry community in the NT? Nowhere else costs $10 for a pint. I'm in the middle of Sydney and you can get $10 jugs from a heap of pubs during happy hour, and $7-8 pints anywhere else. Unless you visit suit bars, beer is still cheap.

That said, unless you're a complete noob, as international buyers, you KNOW shipping is going to kick you in the balls.

Man up, and stop bitching about FFS! Complain to the postal services or shut the fuck up.

Also just as a FYI, it costs $12 to send one lp within Australia. So when I see Americans bitch about other US labels or distros charging $5-6 I shake my head and face palm.

Peace out

That said, unless you're a complete noob, as international buyers, you KNOW shipping is going to kick you in the balls.

Man up, and stop bitching about FFS! Complain to the postal services or shut the fuck up.

Also just as a FYI, it costs $12 to send one lp within Australia. So when I see Americans bitch about other US labels or distros charging $5-6 I shake my head and face palm.

Peace out

This. The shipping rates suck, but I'm not gonna stop ordering vinyl. End.

I don't know, 20-30 other times. I've been using eBay for about 10 years now. In the end it's just not worth my trouble. I have to wait in line at the post office (sometimes takes an hour) and fill out a customs form, when I can just print a shipping label at home and drop the package off when shipping domestically. Almost always people complain about how much the rate is too, as was mentioned in the OP. Like I said, it's just not worth the trouble.

Well i dont know... Maybe its because im not that long in the game yet and am not tired of that but its pretty much the same for me too. I too have to fill out shipping information, custom forms and all that stuff and also have to wait in line to post out my packages. But i still feel that its worth it because youre doing something for a community of people who usually are pretty thankful for it (if you dont count the few idiots who are ripping you off).

• 2 weeks later...