Project RPM 1.3 HELP!

I have no idea if it's possible, but hopefully you can still return it.

I'm curious though, if you try to move the tonearm left and right, does it go smoothly, or is there any force necessary? When you lower the armlift, does it go all the way down or does it still touch the arm when playing?

i just now realized what you meant with the arm rest getting in the way, from what I can tell from various stock pics, it should be slightly bent outwards, yours looks like it goes towards the platter first and then slightly bends out. Did you do any "bending" on your own, or is it still the way you received it? If the latter, it's definitely a manufacturing problem and while it might be an easy fix, you never know what else might be wrong. Absolutely insist on them taking it back.

I have no idea if it's possible, but hopefully you can still return it.

I'm curious though, if you try to move the tonearm left and right, does it go smoothly, or is there any force necessary? When you lower the armlift, does it go all the way down or does it still touch the arm when playing?

i just now realized what you meant with the arm rest getting in the way, from what I can tell from various stock pics, it should be slightly bent outwards, yours looks like it goes towards the platter first and then slightly bends out. Did you do any "bending" on your own, or is it still the way you received it? If the latter, it's definitely a manufacturing problem and while it might be an easy fix, you never know what else might be wrong. Absolutely insist on them taking it back.

The tone arm itself IMO is not the problem.. That is what it is supposed to look like and all movements are smooth as can be (left/right and up/down). I certainly didn't try to bend or force anything.

Likewise the armlift functions very smoothly and gently lowers the needle onto the record.

Upon further inspection I think the reason the needle doesn't reach the outside of the record is the drastic angle at which the it is bent. I feel sort of silly now after looking at the pictures for not noticing it, but since the needle is bent off axis at almost 45 degrees, I think this is what is contributing to the poor starting position. I'm hoping this is the case anyway, still waiting to hear back from the folks at needle doctor. Guessing it will be tomorrow at the earliest but probably Tuesday because of the holiday :/

Well they sent me an email and I'm getting a new cartridge but they're out of the Pearl... Gonna have to wait about a month on it to get in apparently...as for the tone arm issue there is a screw to adjust the position and tis a pretty simple fix.. So not the worst outcome just sucks to have to wait for a month to listen to my new set up.

That fucking sucks. I would request a replacement for the entire unit then.

Where did you buy it from? I'd like to avoid this place in the future.

Actually they get my full 10000% backing. Unfortunate circumstances but their customer service has been out of this world. Since the cart is out of stock right now, rather than have me wait a month for it to come in, they are now sending me a brand new turntable. Two thumbs up.