Project RPM 1.3 HELP!

So.. I just got a great deal on this table from needledoctor.com and an awesome deal from someone on the board on a cambridge audio preamp but I'm having a few issues. I'm hoping someone who has one or is more experienced in troubleshooting can help me out.

Biggest issue:

When I drop the needle on the record the sound is EXTREMELY distorted and the record doesn't advance grooves, it just spins and repeats the same thing over and over again. I'm terrified that this is an issue with the needle which (according to the site I bought the table from) is brand new. I have tried several different records and the problem is consistent.

Secondary issue:

This one seems like a design flaw. The arm rest gets in the way of the arm being in a position to drop the needle at the very beginning of the record. It's also a problem consistent with more than one record and isn't just like a second or two. It's a pretty significant distance into the first song from the outer edge.

I'm really hoping I'm just an idiot and have done something wrong and that this will be a quick fix and I can enjoy my new toys in no time. I spent a pretty good amount on this little system for it to be giving me these kind of issues straight out of the box. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Call Needledoctor.  They have excellent customer service and should be able to help you out.

Post a photo as well.  We all want to point and laugh at your misfortune.   :P

Of course I kid.  First issue sounds like an setup / alignment / tracking force type of deal.  What is the table + cartridge anyway?

Table is a Pro-Ject RPM 1.3 with a Sumiko Pearl cart

Tracking force is 1.5 grams (at the recommendation of ajxd)

Here are some pics... the first is a picture of the starting position as far over as i can get it... the second is a picture of the arm rest blocking the arm from moving any further out... the third is another picture of the cart.. the fourth is just to show that I've hung the antiskate weight in the proper position.. thanks for any help

TbEnqjZ.jpg

PGouJFg.jpg

VdIFS2T.jpg

6F7gDnV.jpg

Boo. My fears are confirmed. To needledoctor's customer service I go! Man I really wanted to crank some tunes at my Memorial Day party. Wish I hadn't already given my old deck to a friend..

I know the feeling. I ordered form an amazon seller once. Bought the TT brand new, they shipped in media mail (what?!) and the tone arm came completely ripped off, and most of the components were just bouncing around the box.

I know the feeling. I ordered form an amazon seller once. Bought the TT brand new, they shipped in media mail (what?!) and the tone arm came completely ripped off, and most of the components were just bouncing around the box.

It wasn't packaged that badly.. Don't know what happened. Concerned about all this "restocking" fee/all sales final type language in the email with my order number.