VC "Greater Than Collective" Fantasy Football Thread

Can we please put this to a vote because it is an awful idea.

With 6 points to a passing TD, Andy Dalton would have had this exact same point total as Adrian Peterson in 2012. Andy Dalton.

I don't feel as strongly about it but if put to a vote, I say 4.

And just to keep things orderly (I really am not just looking out for my vote), since it seems like the league is a little split on this one, a tie vote should revert to the default setting (for anything), which in this case would be 4. So if 7 want 6 points for passing td, it happens. Just think that is the logical/reasonable way to handle it.

I've just always done 6 so that's what I'm used to. If other players score a td then it's 6 points so i dont see why a QB should be any different.

Because QB's throw for 40 touchdowns. It's the same reason passing yards are 25 to a point rather than 10

I've never even heard of a league doing 6 points for a passing TD

My main reasoning behind the 4 is that all the rankings (well, all the rankings that aren't explicitly stated to be otherwise) use the 4 (which is why running backs tend to be ranked higher). I just like having the ranking correspond to the scoring, vs trying to adjust.

I get the "it's 6 on the field" argument but we aren't playing real football. Don't get points for yards, don't get extra points for field goals based on distance, etc. All just made up to be fun, not realistic.

I did two leagues last year, and wasn't happy when I realized that the second one used 4.

Like previously said, if every other player gets 6 points, it shouldn't change.

And yeah, qbs are good for more touchdowns. That's why you can only start one of them.