VC "Greater Than Collective" Fantasy Football Thread

i cool with one bonus for extreme performances, 400 yd passing, 200 yards receiving, 150 yards rushing, something like that.  give like 3 extra points for hitting those marks.  could that work? 

sounds good to me

i hate that a qb td pass is only worth 4 points. hate it.

weird, thats yahoo standard.  i'll change that because i've always played 6 points as well

I think we should take off the kickoff/punt for a touchdown = 6 points. If you have Devin Hester and the Bears D, and he runs one back your team would get 12 points, that's kind of crazy. I prefer to keep the kickoff/punt TDs as only going to the ST/D, but that's just my opinion (and I'm in the other league, but we're using your settings).

I think we should take off the kickoff/punt for a touchdown = 6 points. If you have Devin Hester and the Bears D, and he runs one back your team would get 12 points, that's kind of crazy. I prefer to keep the kickoff/punt TDs as only going to the ST/D, but that's just my opinion (and I'm in the other league, but we're using your settings).

i'm somewhat neutral about it and that situation.  the situation of having them both would be great draft strategy in one sense but in the other sense, absolutely crazy because no one should be playing him on a 10 team roster.

i definitely want more opinions bc i'm not opposed to either.

yeah, with the better return men, hester, jones, holliday, the only way they should be on your roster is in that type of situation.  you aren't drafting them as receiving threats.

during the regular season there was only 1 team that had more than 1 kick off return and only 2 teams with more than 1 punt return.

like i said, im fine either way.  could be a nice bonus to have your receiver or rb run one back.

yeah, with the better return men, hester, jones, holliday, the only way they should be on your roster is in that type of situation.  you aren't drafting them as receiving threats.

during the regular season there was only 1 team that had more than 1 kick off return and only 2 teams with more than 1 punt return.

like i said, im fine either way.  could be a nice bonus to have your receiver or rb run one back.

really? wow, didn't notice that haha but yeah, just leave it then.

True, but like Desean Jackson, or someone worth starting (debatable on him too haha) could have that happen as well. I don't feel too strongly about it, just something that jumped out to me as being odd so I figured I'd bring it up.

i think without maclin he has a chance to receive a lot more targets. crazy enough, jackson only has a total of 4 kickoff/punt returns in his 5 year carreer. 2008, 1, 2009 2, 2010, 1, then nada ever since.

i guess a big factor is punters are told not to punt to these players bc of their big play capability. 

It would be interesting to see a league where having bonuses actually made a difference. I mean, dudes that have a 400 yard QB are probably going to win a week whether there are bonuses or not. In a VERY close matchups, bonuses could be a tie-breaker (which is actually a good use for them). But it would be nearly impossible for them to have more impact than that, regardless of whether they stack up (you would almost have to have a guy with a 390 QB, a 193 yard WR, a 147 yard running back, etc -- and then he only just missed what, 10 bonus points? So if that made a difference, the other dude also had some big performances. It's not like the other guy had a 400 yard QB and everyone else shit the bed, but he still one cause of bonuses.

It really doesn't matter either way...

Same thing with double counting a KR for a player and defense. Yeah, it's awesome when it happens. But you are also doubling down on a team's special teams. Someone who plays a different WR who returns and a different Defense gets twice as many chances for returns, but they are only worth 6 instead of 12. All balances out in the end.

It's just the guy who has that happen to them one time and then loses a close matchup who makes a huge deal about it (as far as I have seen). Kinda like rivering a dude in poker. You remember the time a dude knocked you out of the game on a river card WAY more often than the times you have done it to someone else. It all evens out, though.

And lastly, I snagged Calvin with the 6th pick last night in a league with .5 ppr. How the hell did these tards let that happen? Only non-QB that outscored Calvin last year in this scoring format was AP, and even with QBs Calvin was ranked 5th or 6th.

I can see Doug Martin and Arian Foster. Dudes were stupid for taking Marshawn Lynch and Jamal Charles, in my opinion.

And lastly, I snagged Calvin with the 6th pick last night in a league with .5 ppr. How the hell did these tards let that happen? Only non-QB that outscored Calvin last year in this scoring format was AP, and even with QBs Calvin was ranked 5th or 6th.

I can see Doug Martin and Arian Foster. Dudes were stupid for taking Marshawn Lynch and Jamal Charles, in my opinion.

never played ppr.  would be interesting to do some year to change it up.

This league has 6 flex positions instead of 2 rb, 3 wr, 1 te. Combine that with the half ppr, and it really favors wide receivers.

Obviously, pass catching backs get a bonus too but it only makes a big difference with guys like Sproles and Rice (or on the opposite end like Alfred Morris or Stevan Ridley, who barely got any catches). For your average running back in the 30-50 catch range, you don't really pay too much attention to it. More important how a guy runs, his health, and how safe his job is.

Whoa are you guys serious with 6 pts to a passing TD? Please no. 7 QB's had at least as many points as Adrian Peterson last season with the standard 4 points to a passing TD. By last seasons results, Brees would outscore Adrian Peterson by over 20% with 6 point TD's

Completely agree. The whole reason QBs only get four points for touchdowns is because they get more. It levels the playing field so to speak.

Completely agree. The whole reason QBs only get four points for touchdowns is because they get more. It levels the playing field so to speak.

Yeah, I'm with them too. 4 for a QB TD is what I'd lean towards. My hometown league used to do 6 pts until last season when we switched to 4. It went from QB's absolutely dominating to QB's putting up equal or just a bit more points to running backs.