Melvins - 9 Clowns of the Apocalypse 7" Series

Guest realtalk

They are not selling the music, they are selling artifacts. Most of the songs already are or will be available on CD. Getting mad about something that is completely unnecessary is pretty silly. Why care what they charge? Why care how much money they make? This is their livelihood and the conceit behind it has been explained ad nauseum. They care about getting the music out, they don't give a shit about formats, they enjoy selling unusual memoribilia and like making money doing what they love. You are not guaranteed to get what you want.

They are not selling the music, they are selling artifacts. Most of the songs already are or will be available on CD. Getting mad about something that is completely unnecessary is pretty silly. Why care what they charge? Why care how much money they make? This is their livelihood and the conceit behind it has been explained ad nauseum. They care about getting the music out, they don't give a shit about formats, they enjoy selling unusual memoribilia and like making money doing what they love. You are not guaranteed to get what you want.

Well put, this is buying 2 forms of art in 1.  Music and the print.  The Melvins have put in 30 years to get where they're at and if they can finally make some $$$ off their fruits then go for it.  Don't like, don't buy, don't cry.  I bought them all and can't wait to see them in person.

Well put, this is buying 2 forms of art in 1.  Music and the print.  The Melvins have put in 30 years to get where they're at and if they can finally make some $$$ off their fruits then go for it.  Don't like, don't buy, don't cry.  I bought them all and can't wait to see them in person.

witness!!

I for one, am glad the melvins are making money where they can. They deserve it. I can understand why people piss and moan about it, but in the end, people will always buy these limited releases. Will I buy these? If given the chance. Otherwise I'd rather just spend the money that would accumulate from buying all these, on buying a pedal or something.

Just because you like this band doesn't mean the prices aren't insane and people can't comment on how glaringly high the cost is for a 7" or 10".

Math is fun:

700 copies 7" @ $25 each = $17,500

700 copies 10" @ $50 each = $35,000

When they sell all copies of all 3 sets of 7" (the ones released so far) and all 10" records... GRAND TOTAL $87,500

But yes, Melvins have certainly put in their time, can do what they want and will inevitably sell records, no matter the cost. Long live.

People can comment all they want. It's just that it becomes a bitch fest and that gets old.

Yes Math is fun. I find it more fun with the proper numbers though. There's was 500 copies of each 7" and 10" sold last night.

Guest realtalk

People can comment all they want. It's just that it becomes a bitch fest and that gets old.

Yes Math is fun. I find it more fun with the proper numbers though. There's was 500 copies of each 7" and 10" sold last night.

VC will be sure to never make remarks about $25 7" records or $50 10" records ever again. ;)

I'm just going by HAZE XXL / Amphetamine Reptile Records' facebook comments that 700 of each clown 7" were pressed and that 100 of the 700 would be special for Bash. So *when* they sell out, the numbers for the clown 7"s should be accurate. Not actually sure about the others, let us know.

Last, only some of the pressing were sold last night and the rest will be going on tour with them for their 30th Anniversay shows.

Reading is fun too! :)

Guest realtalk

Well, the way you worded it made it seem like you thought 700 total of each thing sold already.

I know your always on my nuts about something.

The way I worded it was *When* they sell out...

And I think you were on my knutts here first, right? Stay away from the knutts.

The way I worded it was *When* they sell out...

And I think you were on my knutts here first, right? Stay away from the knutts.

I don't use Facebook so I saw the pressing numbers being of 500 on the Shoxop store. I did overlook you saying 'when' so I will admit that. I tend to skip over your posts rather than read them thoroughly.

And no, your annoying self has been on my nuts since you started your little "Real Talk" account. 

Guest realtalk

Well, the way you worded it made it seem like you thought 700 total of each thing sold already.

If you thought I made it sound like all of them sold out last night, what do you think of your own post?

There's was 500 copies of each 7" and 10" sold last night.

And no, your annoying self has been on my nuts since you started your little "Real Talk" account.

Dunno about whatever ill feelings you perceive, but you certainly seem intent on keeping it going.

If you thought I made it sound like all of them sold out last night, what do you think of your own post?

Dunno who/what/when whatever you perceive started, but you certainly seem to want to keep it going.

Actually no, you are the one that constantly starts up with me with your snarky little posts. Your little shtick has been ridiculous from the start of this whole "Real Talk" account. 

Guest realtalk

Actually no, you are the one that constantly starts up with me with your snarky little posts. Your little shtick has been ridiculous from the start of this whole "Real Talk" account.

Sounds like you've got baggage about some interactions I don't even remember and you are living in the past. Look what happened here:

Takes offense to alternate opinion.

Talks out of buttocks.

When corrected, makes excuses.

Calls me annoying.

Points finger.

Plays the 'poor me' card.

Still not sure what set you off here initially but sorry for whatever you perceived to be so offensive.

Sounds like you've got baggage about some interactions I don't even remember and you are living in the past. Look what happened here:

Takes offense to alternate opinion.

Talks out of buttocks.

When corrected, makes excuses.

Calls me annoying.

Points finger.

Plays the 'poor me' card.

Still not sure what set you off here initially but sorry for whatever you perceived to be so offensive.

Baggage, no. You're just a huge annoyance. You've gone at it with me in numerous threads over stupid shit and you're a general nuisance.

I'll respond to your little points:

I didn't take offense to alternate opinions. I simply got tired of the bitchfest of people crying about prices hence the "don't like it, don't buy it" comment. You are the one that came along and had to make snarky comments and take it further.

You constantly talk out of your ass so talk about pot calling the kettle black. 

I was corrected on one little thing as I said I tend to skim over posts by you rather than read them thoroughly. You've been wrong around here and so have I. Minor mistakes happen.

You are annoying and that's why you are called such.

Finger pointing? That's all you seem to do.

Not playing any 'poor me' card, I just think you're a giant pain in the ass.

I'm sure you'll have another ridiculous diatribe for me but you've been an ass towards me since the start of your ridiculous "Real Talk" account. I'm done derailing this thread. You can go ahead and get your last word as you seem to love that. 

• 2 weeks later...