Do You Write (Or Want To Write) Music Reviews?! (Hip Hop Reviewer Wanted!)

I'm looking for one or two other writers to join along to fill an extra spot or so I have. It's relatively casual, no real deadlines other than one small post every time it's your "turn" to do an artist of the day post and a post quota, but I do want people with a passion for writing as well as improving the site as a whole. I like to think that it's a pretty good experience to have if you're interested in doing music reviews or interviews or any sort of music writing, so let me know if you are interested. yes, there are perks. 

Realized that we could really use someone to cover hip hop, so yeah, let me know if you have any interest in that.

Please have a little writing example, I am a little picky with writing style so I will judge you  ^_^

I'm looking for one or two other writers to join along to fill an extra spot or so I have. It's relatively casual, no real deadlines other than one small post every time it's your "turn" to do an artist of the day post and a post quota, but I do want people with a passion for writing as well as improving the site as a whole. I like to think that it's a pretty good experience to have if you're interested in doing music reviews or interviews or any sort of music writing, so let me know if you are interested. yes, there are perks. No real genre coverage needs at the moment and a broader scope of coverage, the better. 

Please have a little writing example, I am a little picky with writing style so I will judge you  ^_^

How would you like us to contact you/apply and such? I'd like to know more!

I for sure would be interested. What would you be looking for in terms of a "writing example?"

Basically any sort of writeup on music. Album review, show review, even a smaller just spotlight, I just want to know if you have the ability to write reviews up to the standards that I want them to be.

I wanna try and do this, since writing music reviews/interviews has always been what I've wanted to do, but I don't have any 'official' reviews or anything, apart from some short ones I wrote in high school. Most of what I write is fiction/stories and essays/papers for college, so I have no idea what I'd submit as an example, unless you wanna give me an album and I'll review it. Haha. There are probably plenty of people around here more well-suited than I, anyways.

Same here. My main reason for going to school for Journalism/Applied Communications.

Yeah, my major is just a general English degree right now, and when I get my AA this semester and go to big-boy school, I'm gonna take plenty of journalism/communication classes. My current college doesn't offer much of anything outside basic cores and such.

I wanna try and do this, since writing music reviews/interviews has always been what I've wanted to do, but I don't have any 'official' reviews or anything, apart from some short ones I wrote in high school. Most of what I write is fiction/stories and essays/papers for college, so I have no idea what I'd submit as an example, unless you wanna give me an album and I'll review it. Haha. There are probably plenty of people around here more well-suited than I, anyways.

Same here. My main reason for going to school for Journalism/Applied Communications.

I wish I was good enough and confident enough to feel like that would be a good career for me. Alas, probably won't work out. Still something I want to keep doing on the side forever though. Four years through and I don't see an end in sight. Especially if this little recruitment brings some good blood in.

This is a pretty cool opportunity. I wish I had a review to show you. Unfortunately, I just write short stories and memoirs for my own personal enjoyment. Maybe I'll start writing reviews for fun. It's a different style of writing that I could definitely get some enjoyment out of.

I wish I was creative enough to do short stories and stuff. Mad respect there, hah. Reviews are absolutely fun though, not only for the writing aspect but for the role you get to play in promoting bands you love, which is the main point of the site as a whole. I've made friends with some bands due to this and they've become some of my favorite groups too, which just makes me so happy to see.

Man. If I wasn't all over the place and stretched out, I'd whore myself out to yet another music site.

I was surprised when I saw you post here, I figured you already did at least one other site, hah. 

You're definitely a solid writer too, I've read your work a few times when you posted it. Plus you like a wide variety of good stuff so that wouldn't hurt too  :lol: