Dangerhouse: Complete Singles Collected 1977-1979 box set (14x7")

I'm super stoked about this, since I've had the CD collections forever but never had the drive or cash to track down all of the original 7"s. It's pricy, but it looks like a damn nice set.

http://www.frontierrecords.com/dangerhousebox.html

Various Artists - Dangerhouse Complete Singles Collected 1977-1979 (Spanish Import)
(MRBX325)

Our dear friends at Munster Records in Spain (with the help of Dangerhouse founder, David Brown, and us) have released this must-have box of Southern California punk history. Fourteen 7" singles, each in a reproduction of the original sleeves. Limited to a one-time pressing of 1,000 copies. Includes a full-color, 36-page booklet. The size is approx. 19 x 19 x 6 inches.

Dangerhouse was one of the first independent labels to document the burgeoning West Coast punk rock scene of the late '70s. Although short-lived, its work provided a vital outlet for the bands and other participants and set a template for many to follow. This collection compiles the 14 7"s released on Dangerhouse between 1977 and 1979, including classic tracks by Weirdos, Avengers, Alley Cats, X, Black Randy, Dils, Bags, Randoms, Howard Werth, The Deadbeats, Eyes, and Rhino 39. Includes an extensive 36-page booklet featuring an interview with Dangerhouse founder David Brown, many unseen photos of all the bands and memorabilia.

I got mine in the mail today and while I may be a bit biased because I helped them put this together, the thing really turned out even better than I could have imagined. All the sleeve art and label art looks fantastic, it comes with an awesome booklet with info and so many great photos I've never seen before and all the vinyl is heavyweight. 

For those who may scoff at the $140ppd price tag keep in mind there are 14 singles in this box plus a booklet. That comes out to 10 dollars each which is what some labels are charging for new singles these days. The music on here is timeless and hugely influential not to mention there's a ton of stuff that wasn't available on the two Dangerhouse collection LPs. You can't even buy two original pressings of dangerhouse singles for the cost of this box set and they only made 1000 total forever. It is also an import from Spain. 

Sometime soon there will be a full detailed writeup about this on my site. 

Yeah. This thing sounds amazing. I'll be ordering it soon. I have always wanted the Weirdos 45 but could never drop that much money. This is perfect and essential to anybody into punk. I don't think anybody should be upset with the price, I find it reasonable. Fourteen 45's all out of print, in a boxset and a booklet. I would like to see some other label prices on here for fourteen 45's. Even if they could compete in price the music would not, but that's just like, my opinion, man.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Finally got the time to listen to this whole thing. So great. There were a few of these I had never heard. (How did I miss that Deadbeats single all these years? Final Ride is such a great song.)

Kill the Hippies has been my go to punk jam for about 15 years now. I need to get this box.