stoked (hot topic raffle related)

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

yo JMnumbernumber: at least keep this intelligent. i see you're trying to make the point of people not picking and choosing which laws to break, but smoking weed and stealing are a terrible analogy, specifically because smoking weed (arguably) harms the smoker, whereas stealing harms others.

okay, i was just gonna make a silly metaphor.

basically here's how i break it down

stealing from corporations = okay

stealing from independently owned businesses = not okay.

i've worked in grocery stores and other places like that...i've witnesses how employees get treated. maybe its just around me.

yeah that metaphor wasn't going anywhere

I still don't understand why its okay to steal from corporations.

you will not find the answer to this in this thread. but the law says it isn't okay, so if you follow the law then ask them.

i steal because i don't want to spend money, but i would never steal from another person or small business.

As much as I dislike Hot Topic... I don't think it's cool to brag about stealing from a store that distributes records from some of the labels that post on here. (VC, deathwish, asian man, etc.)

hot topic pays those labels so they can distro their records. it's not hurting the labels, otherwise i wouldn't do it.

Yes, hot topic pays the labels, but you are still hurting the label by getting the record for free. Rather than buying it straight from the label, or from a distributor that is not okay to steal from, or from an independent record store. You are hurting every other place that sells the record, because "why pay for it somewhere else and support independent music, when you can just steal it from hot topic".

As much as I dislike Hot Topic... I don't think it's cool to brag about stealing from a store that distributes records from some of the labels that post on here. (VC, deathwish, asian man, etc.)

hot topic pays those labels so they can distro their records. it's not hurting the labels, otherwise i wouldn't do it.

Hot Topic buys the records from the labels distro. Hot topic will buy more based on selling. If people are stealing all the good records from good labels, it doesn't reflect on the selling reports, and HT won't order more because it seems there's no demand for them. Therefore, you stealing from HT, fucks the labels in the long run.

i've worked in grocery stores and other places like that...i've witnesses how employees get treated. maybe its just around me.

there are no metaphors in any of that.

a metaphor is like

"the giant had toes the size of boats"

stay in school

Yes, hot topic pays the labels, but you are still hurting the label by getting the record for free. Rather than buying it straight from the label, or from a distributor that is not okay to steal from, or from an independent record store. You are hurting every other place that sells the record, because "why pay for it somewhere else and support independent music, when you can just steal it from hot topic".

this is a very good point. i never thought about it this way. thanks for the insight, dude. i honestly am going to rethink my stealing habits.

fedup has a good point too. thanks for actually having reason and not flipping out.

intelligence ftw!

there is no metaphors in any of that.

a metaphor is like

"the giant had toes the size of boats"

stay in school

you should stay in school too