PO: The Last House On The Left OST

Copypast info from their forums:

Looks like LHotL will have 3 versions packaged in gatefold tip-on jacket with printed inner sleeve containing extensive and exclusive liner notes.

Pressing of #1400 black vinyl

Hand numbered Pressings of #300 white vinyl & #300 red vinyl that were inserted randomly. Comes with a bonus flexi disc containing four 1972 radio spots for the movie.

Not only inserted randomly, but those are the ones that have the flexi and are hand numbered. and 300 white and 300 red 1 is exclusively UK and one is exclusively North America.

THank god I don't really care about this label. I'll pick this up if it costs under $30 and take my chances but good luck to variant collectors.

I think I've lowered my price point to about $25 shipped. If it's m,ore than that I think I might pass.. Gonna give the OST a listen this morning and we'll see if my mind sways. But, it's taken this label an insane amount of time to put this out, and frankly, I'm GD tired of this randomly inserted nonsense. At least when WW does it you still get a REALLY nice colored variant regardless.

I know this is hypocritical coming from me considering how much I like Mondo releases, but they are grandfathered in since they started this whole shit show. I can't take it from 2-3 labels though.

Guest crazybeats

It was made clear by them that it would be clearly stated as to what you were ordering on the website. I think that means people will have a choice of which LP they go for and that means if you choose the coloured LPs that you will get the flexi disc. Maybe I've read it wrong but that is what I took it as. I also think it is wrong that they haven't given a price yet. I'm sick and tired of Soundtrack releases getting limited to x number of copies then you get a bunch of people buying them and flogging them on Ebay.

Guest crazybeats

But there is 600 flexi discs. If they are being put in with the coloured pressings and there is 300 red and 300 white then that means all coloured pressings will get one.

600 LPs

600 flexi discs.

Also bare in mind that the LP is taken from the CD David Hess himself released before he died. They had no access to any master tapes so what they've done is taken his CD, and even he said way back in the late 90's that he didn't have the master tapes to everything himself, he only found bits and pieces and stuff that he already had copies of to compile the soundtrack himself....they've taken that CD and then did whatever they did to it to make it sound decent on vinyl. I don't think in this instance that you can say the black vinyl will sound better than the coloured vinyl. Then again I don't think there should be any price difference between the 3 and I think they should let people know well in advance of what is going on in a few hours. Not leave it till the site goes live and people are left trying to read all the details and small print and then their wallets to decide what they can and can't afford or if they want it or not beause by that time all the greedy people who don't care what is included, who have no money worries have been in and ordered all the pre-orders and then they're gone.

There was never a question about which copies got the flexis. The flexi discs are included ONLY in the colored variants, 300 for US 300 for UK, and the colored variants are hand numbered and randomly inserted.

THat's what the issue is about.

As far as price, usually that's a bad sign. I would say probably $30+shipping. A lot of labels don't announce price until the pre-order goes live. Which will be sometime today.

So, none of this is very surprising, or shouldn't be, it's just disappointing.

Guest crazybeats

They should let people choose what they want. So now there will be people buying more than one copy in hopes that they get a coloured pressing with the flexi. I have a feeling that the UK part of the website will not be in UK currency but in the Euro which I don't like at all and I think it will be a flat European price and postage rate rather than a UK specific price in UK currency. Considering the album isn't even getting released until next month I don't think they should take payment immediately and if they are charging $30 for it, I think that should include the postage because like I said this isn't like a lot of other soundtrack releases that were taken from the master tapes. The price should reflect that although it does look like a nice package. The album will also be released on cassette later this week for Cassette Store Day with 4 bonus tracks. There are 2 shops in my town taking part and neither have mentioned this release, then again the release (of 400 tapes)  isn't even mentioned on the official website for Cassette Store Day so I guess most of those unsold copies will end up for sale on the OWS website for sale. It also doesn't help that my local stores don't reply to me on Twitter or Facebook about any questions I have. I notice most UK sites selling cassettes later this week have them priced at £5 and £6 which is decent, that's about $10. I would pay that for it on tape. I think £20 is the most I'd pay for it on vinyl but I've got a feeling they are gonna put us in the same bracket as Europe and then you have shipping, which of course will be from Belgium and that wont be cheap.

They did say 8pm European time so that is less than 2 hours. Time will tell

itisreallyhardtoreadyourposts.

We all agree that it SHOULD be cheaper. That said, maybe they will price it at a generous $20 USD, I doubt it, but, we will see. The general trend perpetuated in lables like Mondo and Waxwork, which OWS wants to be like, is 25-30 USD for a 2xLP. And this number is obviously higher when you have imports like those coming from DeathWaltz even breaking the 30+USD barrier for releases.

On top of that, aside from the flexi I don't really see OWS trying that hard, which makes me uninterested.  At least WaxWork acquires the original master tapes and remasters everything they put out and dresses it up as nice as they can before placing a $30 price tag on it.

High prices based on trends and not individual efforts will not be tolerated by me >:(

I know nothing about this release aside from what is in this thread, but if I'm reading correctly, people who were interested in purchasing it are contemplating not purchasing it after finding out they might not get a flexi-disc with radio ads on it?!? A flexi that you will never listen to? And it's "messed up" that some people will get it while others won't, even though this was announced ahead of time? Y'all dumbbbbbbb

I know nothing about this release aside from what is in this thread, but if I'm reading correctly, people who were interested in purchasing it are contemplating not purchasing it after finding out they might not get a flexi-disc with radio ads on it?!? A flexi that you will never listen to? And it's "messed up" that some people will get it while others won't, even though this was announced ahead of time? Y'all dumbbbbbbb

Uh, no, people are upset because they will be paying the same amount of $ for a 300/1400 lottery of 1 plain black vinyl record or limited edition hand numbered colored vinyl with limited edition flexi disc insert.

Random insert dropped my interest to zero

I'm just reading what other people wrote here, yo.

Colored vinyl and novelty flexis are bonuses. There was a time when labels didn't even say there was a colored variant, you just opened it when you got it and bam, it was green or some shit. This label seems to be returning to that, and all of a sudden it's not fair because that person got the cool color and I want the cool color and it's not faaaaaiiiiir

I'll say it again, that flexi is worthless. All 600 nerds who get it will put it in their alphabetized nerd boxes in a protective sleeve and it will never see the sunlight again. Maybe it will be sold in a few years to a different nerd, who will put it in his nerd box. Who gives a shit, all of this will be in a landfill in 1000 years anyway.