Holy shit, the new Weezer single actually rules!

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Weezers last album ruled too... The thing that made pinkerton and blue album sooooo good was the time they came out... we were all younger and so much more impressionable so the albums seemed fucking out of this world. They still write songs just as well and catchy but now we are aware of so much more that we arent as impressionable and their albums are just another album. Same thing goes for sonic youth i think.

Weezers last album ruled too... The thing that made pinkerton and blue album sooooo good was the time they came out... we were all younger and so much more impressionable so the albums seemed fucking out of this world. They still write songs just as well and catchy but now we are aware of so much more that we arent as impressionable and their albums are just another album. Same thing goes for sonic youth i think.

i bought a sonic youth cd, and it's nothing but noise!

^hah did you buy the noise art one? the newest b sides album?... get the newest studio one rather ripped, its distortion heaven

haha, just a joke (it's a scene in Juno). i was about 4 years too young when sonic youth hit big. i dig their stuff now, but i can totally see the colrelation between the way Weezer and SY were looked upon in the early days. thankfully, i was the right age for weezer when they hit.

At least the 30-second clip on Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/Pork-And-Beans/dp/B0017QPT9I/ref=sr_1_95?ie=UTF8&s=dmusic&qid=1208043442&sr=1-95

That guitar tone sounds as vintage =w= as you can get. SO PUMPED FOR THIS RECORD.

Hot damn! Is the single getting 7" treatment?

Better question, is this going to be available on itunes, because I have a free song DL sitting around somewhere...

This could really go either way. Maladroit had some awesome jams on it, but as an album fell short of Weezer greatness. I won't even mention the atrocities known as the Green Album and Make Believe.

You didn't like Make Believe? I thought it was leaps and bounds better than Maladroit.