Holy shit, the new Weezer single actually rules!

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sheeit i would have opened this earlier if i had seen sonic youth in it... their new stuff is the tits! rather ripped is super solid and all the SYR releases are super cool

this weezer song pork an beans sounds very classic weezer. i look forward to the new record hopefully they dont cock out on the length again - i dont want another 28 minute 'full length'

I think I'm in the minority when I say that Maladroit can stand up with Pinkerton and Blue.

Aside from the singles, Slob, Burndt Jamb, and Fall Together fucking tear shit up. I really despised it at first but about a year after it came out I think I listened to it for nearly 6 months straight.

No, but like I said, I'm in the minority :P

I've had long long discussions about this with my friends and personally, I see a strong parallel between peoples initial reactions towards Blue > Pinkerton, and Green > Maladroit. Pinkerton and Maladroit weren't accepted at first, however both have grown in popularity years after their release.

I seriously dont get the hate for Maladroit, especially from people with taste I respect (like Scott) who rock the dumpster baby that is Make Believe. Mal has the band returning to writing weird ass pop punk songs and everyone hated it, even though it managed to mix their goofy roots and their Pinkerton era depressing vibes without any of the sheen of the "so over produced it sounds like it was all recorded on keyboards outside of Hash Pipe" Green album. Slob is a fucking heartbreaker.

I seriously dont get the hate for Maladroit, especially from people with taste I respect (like Scott) who rock the dumpster baby that is Make Believe. Mal has the band returning to writing weird ass pop punk songs and everyone hated it, even though it managed to mix their goofy roots and their Pinkerton era depressing vibes without any of the sheen of the "so over produced it sounds like it was all recorded on keyboards outside of Hash Pipe" Green album. Slob is a fucking heartbreaker.

I haven't been hating on Maladroit. I like that album way more than the Green Album, mainly because of "Slob," "Slave" and "Death & Destruction," three of Weezer's best songs, if you ask me.

I haven't been hating on Maladroit. I like that album way more than the Green Album, mainly because of "Slob," "Slave" and "Death & Destruction," three of Weezer's best songs, if you ask me.

Totally take it back. For some reason I thought I remembered you giving Mal flack during one of our previous 100 weezer talks back in the MUPpet days. :) My bad homie!