Do Compilations count towards a full collection?

tokimedo

Do Compilations count towards a full collection?  

94 members have voted

1. 1. Do Compilations count towards a full collection?

I say no. In regards to my B&C collection, I have a test press of each release, so if I bought all three colors of the Off The Board comp, I would feel a compulsion to have the test press as well. And there's not a chance that I'm dropping $200 on that test press.

In other words, since I have no copy of the comp, my collection feels complete. If I had just the standard copies and not the test press, it would feel incomplete.

I say yes.  But that doesn't mean I would go after them. 

'I've got a complete collection of Alanis Morissette LPs.  "Really, even all the comps and 7-11 samplers?"  No, none of that shit, I don't care about those.'

I say they do count, but who the fuck cares about comps?  I haven't listened to one since Asian Man's 'Mailorder is Fun'.

Again, only my opinion.

If the song is exclusive to the comp, then yes.  And if I was into variants or tests for said band, it would extend to the applicable comps.

Another possibility would be if the song on the vinyl comp is not exclusive to the comp, BUT the album the song is from has never been pressed.  The Chariot has a song on the 'Scream for Help' comp from their first album which has not been pressed (and likely never will be).  So I saw it necessary to have this comp.