Valhalla Rising OST - Peter Peter & Peter Kyed - VINYL - Nov. 26

gmoney

Valhalla Rising is Nicolas Winding Refn (Drive, Only God Forgive)'s 2009 feature. Released at the time in the USA by IFC, the highly visual films tells the story of One Eye (Mads Mikkelsen), a mute warrior of supernatural strength, who, in the year 1000 AD, enters with the help of a boy slave a journey into the heart of darkness. This sensorial and visual film has introduced film lovers to the unique an revolutionary style of Nicolas Winding Refn. This is the first time ever that the soundtrack to Valhalla Rising is available to fans. It features an ambient score by Peter Peter & Peter Kyed.

Out November 26. 

$15.98 in stores.

On Milan Records.

Pressing info:

1000 on black.

300 on red.

And preordered on Amazon - 

http://tinyurl.com/valhallapreorder

Guest Justin Maheiny

Is that dude getting raped while the other one is freaking out in the mud near the end? Where they have an acid trip and start freaking out in slow-mo and start raping each other. WTF is that part?? NOTHING happens in this movie after he first 20 minutes except a serious man on man rape in slow-mo. I loved Drive. Bronson was cool. Only God Forgives was so fucking negative I loved it. But Valhalla Rising is boooooooring. First 20 minutes, awesome action. Then nothing happens till they start tripping balls in slow-mo for no reason and dude gets raped. Then main guy allows himself to get killed for no reason and the movie ends. The soundtrack epicly escalates through the whole movie, just to end with a 5 minute long shot of a mountain as the music climaxes multiple times throughout the film. This movie is ridiculous.

• 4 weeks later...

So Invada lists this as 1000 Red on their website:

"Limited edition 180G Blood Red vinyl available courtesy of Milan Records and Invada Records on 26th November (1,000 units)."

I'm not familiar with Invada and Milan records. For those who are, are they affiliated and if so it is a 1000 units total then? And is anyone sure if they are doing a red and black version?

Is this a different edition? Or the same that Invada sells?

http://www.mewelesite.be/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage.tpl&product_id=63&category_id=1&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=28[/qmusic

This is of course the same music, but that is where most commonalities end. This is a smaller, boutique label who, according to MeWe's sole proprietor, had the license first, mastered it for vinyl, and curated the tracklist for the album. For some reason (delays, shady business, etc.) Milan acquired the rights next and used his track listing to make their own version. What they didn't get was his master, they are purportedly going digital to vinyl on theirs and WeMe has spent a long time on fidelity and presented it over two platters. Unfortunately, they arenboth ready for release simultaneously. Most of the above info came straight from WeMe and there are two sides, etc., but they have had great fidelity and care in prior OST releases by De Robaix so I ordered with them. Fingers crossed.

Thanks for the link. I emailed WEME about whether there would be an American reseller, but they never got back to me. 15 Euros direct from the label, but shipping was the killer at another 21 Euros or so. That being said, $31 is a deal.

Mount Analog also has it for $30. I just received my red copy from WeMe this morning and spun the first lp at lunch. It sounds great. Clean and clear. They did a great job. I'm interested in hearing a review of the Milan release now to see how it sounds crammed on to one platter.

Guest Justin Maheiny

downloaded the movie just now to see if its cool.

After you're done watching it, refer to my description of it above and tell me if you agree.