Poly bag question

So I'm looking to order some and I realized I've never really special ordered any before (the local record store sells like 25 for $3 but they're the smaller, fitted kind so they suck for 2xLPs).

Anyhow, I was looking at getting 4mil bags but it's nearly twice as expensive as the 3mil (from bags unlimited). Is it worth the difference?

Also, Does anyone know any cheaper sites? I'm looking to get about 100 12" and 100 7" bags. I was going to look at acid free or polylined sleeves too but right now that looks like it would put me well over $100.

Oh and before it gets brought up (why I know so little about bags), usually I don't have an issue because ones I order arrive in sleeves, but an increasing number have been showing up sleeveless. And I'm trying to upgrade from whatever the record store is selling.

No, the thicker does not matter. You are mostly protecting the covers from fingerprints and the grinding effects of dust and dirt that will soil your covers. 3 mil is plenty.

That said, I do buy (I believe 12 mil) sleeves for my most expensive LPs. These are so thick they stand up on their own with no record in them.

Not that anyone's going to remember this, but they are similar to the ones the library used, back in the day when all the libraries had LPs.

No, the thicker does not matter. You are mostly protecting the covers from fingerprints and the grinding effects of dust and dirt that will soil your covers. 3 mil is plenty.

That said, I do buy (I believe 12 mil) sleeves for my most expensive LPs. These are so thick they stand up on their own with no record in them.

Not that anyone's going to remember this, but they are similar to the ones the library used, back in the day when all the libraries had LPs.

Thanks for that. I figured there wasn't much of a difference but in case the 3mil were more prone to splits or something. I don't need to bomb proof my records but I don't want to be buying replacement sleeves every three weeks.

holy crap, 12mil. where do they actually sell bags that thick. i actually prefer resealable ones for records that are valuable and i wont listen to. records that get listened to go in regular bags.

i am in desperate need of some more sleeves since i haven't been out of town to a record shop since october, but havoc won't even ship to canada and i don't want to order from bagsunlimited because even though 100 sleeves is only $15-20, the shipping price is the same.