Discover New Bands Thread

Good discussion:

Why do bands from other countries use english in their lyrics? 

Using Birds In Row as an example...they're a French band, play some awesome melodic hardcore...they're lyrics and vocals are in english. You can hear little things that they say wrong, but you get the picture, you know?

And I understand that other countries generally speak more than one language, unlike a lot of us in the US, but still, if they're playing a live house show in their hometown, and their shits in english, you think most of the kids get it?

English is the international language, most mass media consumption is in America, the main language is English. They;re trying to reach a large audience.

Good discussion:

Why do bands from other countries use english in their lyrics? 

Using Birds In Row as an example...they're a French band, play some awesome melodic hardcore...they're lyrics and vocals are in english. You can hear little things that they say wrong, but you get the picture, you know?

And I understand that other countries generally speak more than one language, unlike a lot of us in the US, but still, if they're playing a live house show in their hometown, and their shits in english, you think most of the kids get it?

I've actually been looking around to try and pick up Vinyl releases of a early - mid 90s Pop Punk band I was in love with as a kid. Wizo actually got me to learn a bit of German.  I've long since forgotten it but I had it for a while.

Romanian Singer I go in streaks of being addicted to.  His stage name make me want to kill him, but love his songs.

Here is my Singer I'm in love with.  This isn't my favorite song of hers but with every update of the Confessional Thread I think of it.  Everyone should know her shes pretty damn huge but if you've missed her you're missing out.

I get that I'm the only person who loves this but I am such an addict of the Symphony of Science series.

Recently, I started getting into really cheesy-sounding, stereotypical late 80's, early 90's sounding stuff. Not the actual stuff from then, but modern music that sounds like it's from that period. One of my personal favorites is Napolian.

Have you heard of CHVRCHS?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z11GWaf6X8c

This band Everly that someone posted in the name your price bandcamp thread is one I've been digging a lot recently. It's some awesome post hardcore stuff like thrice, but old identity crisis/taita era thrice. I can't link cause I'm on my iPhone but the name of their album is behaviorism.

You guys might as well change the title of this thread to "Girl fronted band music videos."

Reminded me of Arrah and the Ferns. Any fans?

I dated this girl back when we were both in college. One of her buddies ended up being my wife.

Anyway, their first album, Evan Is A Vegan is perfect.

Here's a video of the newer stuff: