PO: RIVAL SCHOOLS - UNITED BY FATE 2xLP

Let's start out by saying I'm not an audiophile.

My set up is as follows: a Marantz 6025 turntable through a Marantz MA 600 DC console stereo amplifier into a pair of Marantz SP 2050 floor standing speakers and a pair of Polk Audio 4A book shelf speakers.

To my ears. First listen on an A/B of SRC=A and MOV=B

A is audibly louder by a few decibals, louder low end over all (love the Bass on this record), sounds a bit heavier compressed...loud/full band with distorted guitars isn't as "in your face" in comparison to the emptier/quieter parts

B sounds more like the CD/Digital version

I'm not hearing an overt amount of distortion on A (which makes me feel better...I didn't miss that on my first few passes of this in casual listening....nothing like the original pressing of Thrice's "Artist In The Ambulance"). It is a hotter signal, but not horribly so.

Neither pressing sounds anywhere near what I would call "bad"....for about the same price SRC has a little bit more bottom end and compression, but it's also a double disc with bonus tracks! MOV is nice translucent green 180g with green packaging like the original CD, embossed cover, poly-lined inner sleeve, single disc, I like that MOV kept the booklet on the inside vs. SRC using part of the insert as the inner gatefold and making it a single sheet insert. Overall I think the MOV pressing is a little more clear sounding and I feel like the stereo spread is a little more pronounced (oddly?).

For both releases to be roughly the same price I'd pick up either one (both prices are a little high in my opinion, but I'm a huge fan of this record and now I own both....)

Anybody who hears a drastic audible difference might be jamming this on a far superior set up than mine? I don't think either pressing sounds bad at all.

Purchase, spin, and enjoy.