PO 11/12/13: Gap Dream "Shine Your Light" LP (glow in the dark, /500)

ratbrain

FSuu9A1.jpg

Gap Dream's 2nd album is apparently finally coming out on Dec. 10. (Was supposed to be out in September but that came and went.)

Tomorrow (11/12/13) at noon PT, Burger Records is putting up a pre-order with 500 copies on glow in the dark vinyl.

Both the singles so far have been great so I've got high hopes for the album, but a little concerned about the wax. Has anyone had a good sounding glow in the dark record? I'm no audiophile but I've heard a lot of bad things in the past about sound quality.

• 4 weeks later...

Just emailed 11 Spot/Redeye and got a crazy fast response...

The Gap Dream LPs experienced a slight delay during manufacturing but we expect the stock to arrive at any time. As soon as it arrives, we'll be shipping your order out. You will receive a shipment confirmation email when your order has been dispatched.

• 4 weeks later...

Just emailed 11 Spot/Redeye and got a crazy fast response...

"The Gap Dream LPs experienced a slight delay during manufacturing but we expect the stock to arrive at any time. As soon as it arrives, we'll be shipping your order out. You will receive a shipment confirmation email when your order has been dispatched."

I got something very similar about the Nirvana Cult record

I haven't received my Gap Dream lp yet and the Summer Twins 7" I also ordered about a month ago has yet to ship as well.

They told me they had to repress the Summer Twins 7" (red wax) and as soon as it's back in stock they'd then ship the records.

This is the most slacker record label I've ever dealt with. It's too bad they put really good music out though! Them and Captured Tracks tend to slack on shipping...

I've never had a problem with them until now. Ive always gotten everything within a week or two of release

I've had the polar opposite experience. I've always gotten delayed shipping haha

I've had it both ways -- their cassettes ship quick but vinyl is always delayed. I'm still waiting on Gap Dream, Nirvana and a replacement for the screwed up Garden LP they put out last year. Love the label and they're nice dudes and all but they can't meet a release date to save their lives.

well this stinks

We are writing to inform you that due to a severe error in the manufacturing process, Burger Records and 11spot.com are no longer able to offer the Glow-in-the-Dark vinyl for Gap Dream’s “Shine Your Light”. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience and disappointment this may cause, but we do have another pressing set up for an Opaque Lavender vinyl to be pressed immediately as a replacement for the Glow-in-the-Dark vinyl.

The estimated timeline for the completion of this new pressing is 2-3 weeks. Once we receive the stock we will ship all pending orders immediately, and you will receive a notification email at the time of shipment. Domestic customers can expect their order to arrive in roughly 1 week while international customers can expect theirs to arrive in roughly 3-5 weeks depending on the destination country.

Should you choose not to wait for the Lavender Vinyl, we can offer the following 2 options:

1) If you are interested in exchanging for the black vinyl, we do have those in stock and they are in prime condition. Any exchanges for the black vinyl will be accompanied by a corresponding refund for the difference in cost between the two editions ($4). The black vinyl can be shipped out immediately to any customers interested in the exchange, so please let us know as soon as possible if this is something that interests you.

2) If you would rather not exchange for the Black Vinyl, we can of course issue a refund for your purchase, along with our deepest apologies for the inconvenience.