PO : Sunn O))) : LA REH 012

Just placed my order. I am not the biggest Sunn O))) fan, but I would consider myself a fan. I just like listening before buying unless it's a favorite band of mine. Hope I will be pleased!

I really liked the last rehearsal demo, I have high expectations for this.  Sunn vinyl holds its value really well, so you probably wouldn't be out anything if you didn't like it and decided to get rid of it.

Yeah, I was expecting more to pop up somewhere. You are able to get the Black One re-issue in several places, in different colors.

However, this may be a more limited release. I can't find it for sale anywhere else.

I will call a couple record stores next week, including the one I bought "Black One" from.

In the meantime, if there are any extras out there, I am looking.

Im not a huge Sunn O))) fan, so I passed on this, the full length LP-s are all I need. I feel that there is just too much repetition with these EP-s, anyway, to have these as a download is enough. Also, the shipping was 12 USD (but thats common, yes), so I would rather buy some other full length LP-s with that money. Actually, just bought Opeth - Still Life, the recent Peaceville pressing sounds amazing.

Yeah kind of glad I missed out, can't really justify that much again. Plus SL shipping the UK is insane.

Was a bit pissed off with the Black One reissue. Obviously it sounds amazing but there was this whole pre-order and apparently a "silver" edition for Europe, but couldn't find any information about that pressing at all. I bought the white one but was hoping to find a Euro distributor which would get me the silver version plus save on shipping costs. Haven't looked lately but basically I'm saying that SL really need a stronger presence for European customers.

You can order that grey one from amazon.co.uk right now, they have few copies in stock. I received my grey copy from them (amazon.co.uk) already some time ago. Initially they canceled all the pre-orders, but after couple of weeks acquired some copies, so I ordered again.

edit: 

Here is the Black One on EU grey version (they only have 6 in stock) : http://www.amazon.co.uk/Black-One-VINYL-Sunn0/dp/B000EU1K1E/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1389275752&sr=8-1&keywords=sunn+vinyl

Yeah, I was expecting more to pop up somewhere. You are able to get the Black One re-issue in several places, in different colors.

I don't think this rehearsal LP will find its way onto regular stores. This kind of release is usually meant to their merch stand (actually, Sunn's merch table is a niche for resellers) and if there are copies left, the band sells them through Southern Lord and recently Editions Mego due to the link with Ideologic Organ. They probably needed this one out for some reason and since there was no upcoming concerts, the new online store became the right outlet this time. On the other hand, their new european distributor is about to launch an online store as well and you should be able to order to them. There's also possibility that Editions Mego distribute some copies through Ideologic Organ (they did with the previous rehearsal LP) but this isn't confirmed and it's not available from them yet, although listed on their site.

Sunn O))) used to play the game of limited availability releases pretty hard, their early discography can be tough to get your hands on. That "Agarhi" live 12"+7" release was only available as part of a SL bundle or in a few concerts, being relatively rare to come across. But lately, with the new site and perhaps the band's / SL's business commitments they seem to have changed their minds a bit, which I think is great.

I don't think this rehearsal LP will find its way onto regular stores. This kind of release is usually meant to their merch stand (actually, Sunn's merch table is a niche for resellers) and if there are copies left, the band sells them through Southern Lord and recently Editions Mego due to the link with Ideologic Organ. They probably needed this one out for some reason and since there was no upcoming concerts, the new online store became the right outlet this time. On the other hand, their new european distributor is about to launch an online store as well and you should be able to order to them. There's also possibility that Editions Mego distribute some copies through Ideologic Organ (they did with the previous rehearsal LP) but this isn't confirmed and it's not available from them yet, although listed on their site.

Sunn O))) used to play the game of limited availability releases pretty hard, their early discography can be tough to get your hands on. That "Agarhi" live 12"+7" release was only available as part of a SL bundle or in a few concerts, being relatively rare to come across. But lately, with the new site and perhaps the band's / SL's business commitments they seem to have changed their minds a bit, which I think is great.

I'm still pissed I passed on that live record. They had it last time I saw them but I bought the rehearsal instead.

Edit: my typing was a total mess. That's what I get for trying to type while I am half asleep. Yikes...

They have it last time I saw rhem but I bought the reherseal instead.

Really?

I thought it was long gone. Actually, I had hopes they would have leftovers of the black wax when they launched the new O))) online store but the surprise was Candlewolff on red instead. Perhaps it was gone for good or they could be hoarding last copies for a future opportunity, who knows.

I really enjoy that Agarthi, I might like it better than M&D, which sourcered those concerts.

Really?

I thought it was long gone. Actually, I had hopes they would have leftovers of the black wax when they launched the new O))) online store but the surprise was Candlewolff on red instead. Perhaps it was gone for good or they could be hoarding last copies for a future opportunity, who knows.

I really enjoy that Agarthi, I might like it better than M&D, which sourcered those concerts.

Yeah, it was about two December's ago though. I didn't bring enough money but I really should have bought it.

• 2 weeks later...