Recent purchases

Guest scriptedrain

It's red. :-) What colors can you see / not see?

- Jeff

I'm going out on a limb and saying red. ;D

But he could be completely color blind and see only black and white or it could only be certain colors / shades. There are certain colors that I have trouble with so I was just curious.

His answer is going to have a follow up question on what it's like collecting vinyl and getting different pressings, colors, etc. depending on what his answer is. Until he brought it up, I never thought what it'd be like to be a color blind vinyl collector. And I don't mean that in a mean or condescending way, I just think it'd be interesting to hear from personal experience.

- Jeff

reds and greens are usually the worst. not when they're extreme cases like fire engine red or the dtr "gabba gabba hey buddies" green, but mostly transitory or in-between variations. as far as i know, there are very few people who actually see black and white; and it took forever for people to figure out my brother and i (identical twins) were color blind because we could read very early on and could identify colours as we saw them based on what was written on the crayons we used. see, i see every colour, sometimes they just don't look like they would if someone else was looking at them. so while i know what red and green are (as well as many variations) i just see them differnetly than you do. but i still see them.

does that make sense?

I'm going out on a limb and saying red. ;D

But he could be completely color blind and see only black and white or it could only be certain colors / shades. There are certain colors that I have trouble with so I was just curious.

His answer is going to have a follow up question on what it's like collecting vinyl and getting different pressings, colors, etc. depending on what his answer is. Until he brought it up, I never thought what it'd be like to be a color blind vinyl collector. And I don't mean that in a mean or condescending way, I just think it'd be interesting to hear from personal experience.

- Jeff

Oh I didn't mean it anyway but just being a general smart ass. Honestly most people who I know who are colorblind have issue with green and red so that was also part of my comment. Seems as though that's the case.

i'm colorblind with reds and greens, too. it doesnt bother me that much, as far as my sight goes. like, i don't get confused at traffic lights. i just can't pass the number dots test (i dunno what it's called). but i still have conflicting views with others when it comes to determining colors, but that's rare. (such as the white "walk" symbol on street lights appearing to be white with a really really LIGHT tint of green. is it just me or is it the people i hang out with??)

but the thing i hate the most about being colorblind, is that when i tell people, they stare at me in the eyes, point at something red or green, and ask me (still staring at my eyes), "so what color is this?" that annoys the shit out of me.

i'm colorblind with reds and greens, too. it doesnt bother me that much, as far as my sight goes. like, i don't get confused at traffic lights. i just can't pass the number dots test (i dunno what it's called). but i still have conflicting views with others when it comes to determining colors, but that's rare. (such as the white "walk" symbol on street lights appearing to be white with a really really LIGHT tint of green. is it just me or is it the people i hang out with??)

but the thing i hate the most about being colorblind, is that when i tell people, they stare at me in the eyes, point at something red or green, and ask me (still staring at my eyes), "so what color is this?" that annoys the shit out of me.

i guess you can never be a pilot

i guess you can never be a pilot

yeah. my brother wanted to be a pilot when he was younger, but he's colorblind, too. but i'm pretty sure he dealt with it ok when he found out (not like in Little Miss Sunshine). he still joined the air force, anyway.

Guest scriptedrain

Thanks for the Radiohead pics and color blind replies. I've been away all day and I feel like I've missed out on the convo lol

- Jeff

Guest conoley
Just forked out about $2000 for school :|

next is an average of $250-300 for books. ugh :| No wonder I don't really buy records anymore... Except for my birthday money which all went towards new records I put off buying before.

Man, I hear ya. I have to pay $9,000 in tuition in a few weeks.

Just forked out about $2000 for school :|

next is an average of $250-300 for books. ugh :| No wonder I don't really buy records anymore... Except for my birthday money which all went towards new records I put off buying before.

Man, I hear ya. I have to pay $9,000 in tuition in a few weeks.

it's very hard for my Quebecker morality to have to pay that much for school. Never paid more than a few hundered per semester! lol