WTB/FT: gaslight anthem

geezfools

Played out looking for this for sure, but I never got my pre-ordered EP's from sabot and I have no idea if I will or not, so just seeing if anyone out there has a red or white copy they're willing to let go of, either by trade or paypal moneys. I don't have a list, but a bit of fat wreck colored and no idea stuff and a bunch of random punk seven inchers. If you're looking for anything in that vein, we'll see. If you're willing to let it go cash straight up, PM me a price and we'll see if I can handle it. The ebay prices are a bit overboard, but I might be willing to go that route if need be. Just know I'm not buying these to flip on ebay in a couple of weeks. Going straight to the shelf and as a matter of fact, may never see a turntable(thats what they have itunes and black presses for, :))

Also, if you have an original pressing of sink or swim(black) and are willing to let it go, may be into that as well..

thanks

gonna work on a list tomorrow

Going straight to the shelf and as a matter of fact, may never see a turntable(thats what they have itunes and black presses for, :))

Oh Jesus... this is exactly why I'm happy to play the shit out of my red copy of the Senor the Queen (as well as my black first press of Sink or Swim).

Records are meant for playing, not for sitting on your shelf like a Beanie Baby.

Going straight to the shelf and as a matter of fact, may never see a turntable(thats what they have itunes and black presses for, :))

Oh Jesus... this is exactly why I'm happy to play the shit out of my red copy of the Senor the Queen (as well as my black first press of Sink or Swim).

Records are meant for playing, not for sitting on your shelf like a Beanie Baby.

Amen +1

fuck that, i play with my beanie babies all the time.

Jesus, I hope you're kidding. Do you play with your children's future, too? All of my beanie babies are stored like this, in a climate-controlled warehouse in Switzerland. And guarded by larger, animated beanie babies. Who have guns. And lasers.

[image]

fuck that, i play with my beanie babies all the time.

Jesus, I hope you're kidding. Do you play with your children's future, too? All of my beanie babies are stored like this, in a climate-controlled warehouse in Switzerland. And guarded by larger, animated beanie babies. Who have guns. And lasers.

[image]

I'm fucking c.r.a.z.y.!

So you have multiples of all those records so you can see if each one sounds different? Why would you play all of them? Records are one of the few things that people collect that have any use at all. Don't trash on people for doing it.

if you play every copy of every variation you have just to say "i play my records" that's almost as bad. if you buy records just for listening and nothing else, you don't really need three copies.

So you have multiples of all those records so you can see if each one sounds different? Why would you play all of them? Records are one of the few things that people collect that have any use at all. Don't trash on people for doing it.

No one has claimed to do that. That's retarded. And records aren't the only collectible that have use. There's always Pez. You can collect Pez, eat them, or share some with your friends. Not from multiple variants of my Smurfette dispenser thought that's just dumb.

[image]

I'm not saying I'll never play any of my records, though some do not get played, while others see lots of play. People collect things, collectibles are usually worth more in the end if they're not used. There may come a point in my life when I say, shit, I need to use these, not let them collect dust forever.

There are people on this board who like to listen to their records, trade them, collect them, flip them, spray paint on them or do other things with them. I'm not here to judge you for the shit you do with records. I like to listen and do a little bit of collecting, it's not the end of the world if ten out of my 200 records never get played...

If you're referring to the records in my record list then you would have a point except I've traded/sold off 95% of my doubles. That list is way out of date. I don't buy duplicates of anything unless it's really rare/valuable or something like that.

Just want to go ahead and respond to what I said before... that was lame of me to call you out like that. You're not the only one that buys records just to have them and I used to do it so I can sorta relate. I don't do it anymore but that doesn't mean I gotta be a dick about it. Hope you can find what yer looking for!

no worries kyle, it's easy to just say whatever, especially on the net, I'm not gonna sweat it and I know there are a number of people on here who probably hate on collectors, which is cool. I'm about to give up on trying to get these couple of records. Just kind of bummed with the whole sabot deal, makes me lost a lot of faith in record labels.

Either way, collect 'em or listen to 'em, we're all here for records!

and yes, $90 is a little overboard...