WTTF: M83 - hurry up, we're dreaming (pink/blue UO exclusive)

toomanyrecords

Great album, right here.  Some of the interludes are a little short, and - while incredible - end up feeling like they were just kind of thrown in.  But even considering that, I think this may be my favorite M83 album.  Have you listened to the rest of his discography, Kess?  (And have you seen the magic that is the video for

?)

Best of luck on your hunt for this.  It's going to have to be a decent trade, considering what this variant goes for.

I've heard snippits of the rest of the discography and enjoyed it but I need to sit down and actually listen to the albums in full.

This album is fantastic start to finish, imo. I agree some of the interludes are unnecessary, but they don't TAKE AWAY, y'know?

And yeah I know this variant is pricey.. but not unreasonable. The median on discogs is like 47 bucks. I wouldn't be opposed to a record and some cash if it didn't add up monetarily. 

The worst thing is that I remember passing this record at Urban, twice, before I was really into vinyl that much. If only I knew...

I've heard snippits of the rest of the discography and enjoyed it but I need to sit down and actually listen to the albums in full.

This album is fantastic start to finish, imo. I agree some of the interludes are unnecessary, but they don't TAKE AWAY, y'know?

And yeah I know this variant is pricey.. but not unreasonable. The median on discogs is like 47 bucks. I wouldn't be opposed to a record and some cash if it didn't add up monetarily. 

The worst thing is that I remember passing this record at Urban, twice, before I was really into vinyl that much. If only I knew...

Oh yeah, by no means are any of the interludes weak.  I just think a few of them are over way too quick.  They literally build into something beautiful and lush, and then pull the carpet out from right under your feet.  I quite enjoy every single track on the album.  But a few of the interludes on the second disc leave me scratching my head and wishing they were longer.

It really is a phenomenal listen from start to finish.  For a while there I kicked myself for never ordering it from UO's site.  I was quite into vinyl at the time, but M83 hadn't really "clicked" until a couple of years later.  I paid a bit more than $47 my copy, but I have zero regrets.  Both the colored variant and the standard black are 180 gram, and the packaging is quite lovely.  You'll be very pleased with whatever you may wind up with.  I think it's the best M83 record to start with, personally, but nearly everything else in the discography is worth exploring at some point, too.

Though I do have friends who were "spoiled" by HUWD, and insist that it's the only M83 record that does anything for them.  I think I can see where they're coming from -- it's easily the most accessible, and the double-album length allows it to give and give.

• 2 weeks later...