Purpose of Test Pressing?

Guest genericinsight
What makes them so desirable (if anything) other than the fact that there is only 1?

sometimes there's more than one and then every now and again they become available to the public. Usually by the label I assume, they give them to friends of the band or whatnot. Or just keep them until someone contacts them about buying one.

I received my std test press today, but with no cover. After thinking about it,

it makes sense that they wouldn't have an extra one for the test pressing,

but is this always the case?

did you win the vc copy?

Yes usually covers are ordered in 500 1000 etc. So usually bands will get screen printed covers made or something. .

ps wanna trade ? ;)

peep my list!

yeah most labels don't print extra jackets for the tests... only one of our test presses has the same jacket as the standard release, and that was because we decided after the fact to print up special lp release party jackets for a handful. the rest are either in sleeves, or have a specially made jacket

yeah most labels don't print extra jackets for the tests... only one of our test presses has the same jacket as the standard release, and that was because we decided after the fact to print up special lp release party jackets for a handful. the rest are either in sleeves, or have a specially made jacket

Yeah all my current Asbestos tests have no sleeves apart from GCW. I want Jeff to spray me up some super-rad covers for them, but I mega doubt he would.