SXSW Cares Fund: will help people affected by the tragic events of March 13, 2014

I have a friend and work colleague who was in the cab hit by the driver. She broke several vertebrae but thankfully her spinal cord had no injury. She has insurance but more than likely it will not cover everything especially with all the other people that were injured as well. People in the Austin have already started a fund. below is a link to the fund.

Please donate and share with others!

Thank you!

The SXSW Cares Fund will help people affected by the tragic events of March 13, 2014 and future possible events.  The funds will be disbursed to those most affected through a community-based process to be created by representatives of SXSW, the Austin Convention and Visitors Bureau and the City of Austin with the Austin Community Foundation.

https://www.austincommunityfoundation.org/?nd=donate_detail&donation_id=2831&return_nd=donate

good luck hope you guys get money to help those that need it

let your friend know that this thought is not correct, just because a lot of people got hurt has no impact on how much her insurance will/will not cover

She has insurance but more than likely it will not cover everything especially with all the other people that were injured as well. 

good luck hope you guys get money to help those that need it

let your friend know that this thought is not correct, just because a lot of people got hurt has no impact on how much her insurance will/will not cover

Sorry I was writing this on my phone, i meant if there was any court settlement from this also. And the word was that insurance might not cover everything after the hospital expenses. but we are going to have to wait and see.

Thanks for any support guys!

Apparently the driver was a rapper going to play soon within the week... (Unless I read that straight up dead wrong)

http://abclocal.go.com/wls/story?section=news/national_world&id=9466224

Maybe he wanted some jail time for some street cred? I mean not the actual killing people part but the part where he was being chased by an officer. Eitherway, what a bone head.