Coming Soon: Oceansize - Frames

According to Mike Vennart's Twitter page (and I'm seriously behind on this because he announced this at the beginning of June) Oceansize's third album Frames will be released on vinyl this fall.

At this point the mastering is completed. Vennart is saying there won't be many pressed, so this should be a fucking stampede to get one.

I for one am EXCITED!

https://twitter.com/hhaitch/status/474129824928505857

Yeah, Feed to Feed is great...I've seen them live 4 times and didn't really enjoyed them playing live. I blamed it on the sound of the location, but after seeing them at 4 different places, I don't think the locations were to blame. They somehow sounded "washy", it was just a big noisy mess...

On the other hand, one of the reasons was definitely their drummer...he sucked (further, he's the reason why they split).

And their choice of songs wasn't really mine...except for "The Charm Offensive" & "Ornament/The Last Wrongs" which I've both seen once...well, it's a very subjective point, though! ;)

On the other hand, one of the reasons was definitely their drummer...he sucked (further, he's the reason why they split).

I thought their drummer was incredible going by the records, but I also picked up from various interviews that he was the reason they split - basically sounded like he always demanded the band play stuff that shows off his ability, at least that's what I took from it.

I would guess they were a difficult band to get the sound mix correct for in a live venue.

Yeah, don't think it's too easy to mix them live...

From my memory, they split because Mark was/is a drug addict and fucked up many songs live because he was on some trips...

Nevertheless, all of them (even Mark) were super cool to talk to after the shows! Really hope they'll reunite one day! I really dig the stuff Mike is doing with Gambler in British Theatre! Good to hear those guys continues doing good stuff!

Nevertheless, all of them (even Mark) were super cool to talk to after the shows! Really hope they'll reunite one day! I really dig the stuff Mike is doing with Gambler in British Theatre! Good to hear those guys continues doing good stuff!

Yeah I got the vinyl of Dyed In The Wool Ghost from Bandcamp when it was released - some great tracks on that. Wasn't as keen on Mike's solo track he released recently though it wasn't bad, just not up to par in comparison to other material he's worked on.

Would love some more new British Theatre releases.

I just talked to Freddy at Superball.  He said we can expect a preorder in the next few weeks, it will NOT be a limited release, and it will be a 180 gram black double gatefold.  I asked about US distribution, but he couldn't say if the US Superball Store would have them or we would have to order from the EU store.  

I'm hoping for US distro so I don't have to pay $50 for it, but I will if that's what it takes.

I just talked to Freddy at Superball.  He said we can expect a preorder in the next few weeks, it will NOT be a limited release, and it will be a 180 gram black double gatefold.  I asked about US distribution, but he couldn't say if the US Superball Store would have them or we would have to order from the EU store.  

I'm hoping for US distro so I don't have to pay $50 for it, but I will if that's what it takes.

Thanks for the info!

Edit: Quoted for second page.

I hope it has Voorhees on it.

It won't.  I can't find the tweet, but Mike mentioned it would make the album too long for 2 x 12" LPs.  He also mentioned it wasn't one of his favorites.

I too am bummed about this.

Found it:

@bobbass4k Nope. It's not an album track. And it would ruin the flow in this format. And if i was being honest, i don't really like it.