PO: Badly Drawn Boy - The Hour of Bewilderbeast Deluxe 3LP Edition (12/11/2015)

Badly Drawn Boy's wonderful debut is being reissued as a deluxe, 3LP edition in honor if its 15th anniversary. I am actually listening to this album as I type in the forum entry... its so damn good. So good. So good. The 3rd LP will have 13 rare bonus tracks, and the LP will be numbered with a leatherette sleeve. Awesome.

Amazon has a great price on this record ($27.99). MusicDirect is $50...

Official description:

15 years ago, Badly Drawn Boy released his debut album, the pop masterpiece The Hour Of Bewilderbeast on XL Recordings. This 15th anniversary expanded edition is presented on numbered limited edition triple vinyl packaged in a stunning wide spined leatherette sleeve

When The Hour Of Bewilderbeast was originally released in 2000, it was met with critical acclaim and won the Mercury Prize that year. The album is both ambitious and extremely entertaining and while it's not a traditional pop album, it's a continually beguiling trip through lo-fi postmodern folk, drawing as much from Harry Nilsson as it does Beck. The album is considered to be Damon Gough's defining work and this edition adds to the album's lore with 13 rare bonus tracks

Billboard called The Hour Of Bewilderbeast, "A wonderfully offbeat blend of atmospheric folk and lo-fi rock that never fails to charm...." while in their inclusion of the album on their top 20 albums of 2000 and one of the 1001 albums you need to hear before you die, Pitchfork hailed that, "a debut this acclaimed is truly a rare feat."

To celebrate the 15th anniversary of the release of The Hour Of Bewilderbeast, Badly Drawn Boy performed the classic album in full, plus other hits and favorites, at shows around the UK in 2015.

cool.. top notch album.  too bad the rest of his work took a steady dive down.

Saw him live and he was a total d-bag.. worst show ever.  But a killer album, front to back.  Ordered.

I saw him live too.  You are correct in that it was a terrible show.  It was the only show I've been to where I could not wait for it to be over.  He played a 2 hour set and then at the end he was just like "Oh, I forgot to play a couple of songs so I'm going to play them now".  

That being said.  I have no problem with his albums.  So I think I'm going to order.  

ordered from amazon.ca

hoping they get some..... 

not counting on it though

EDIT - if it's even the 3LP version... description says 2 discs but the descriptions are sometimes wrong

amazon.ca  - 2LP version

• ASIN: B016FAUU6C

correct amazon.ca 3LP version

amazon.co.uk - 

• ASIN: B016FAUU6C

correct amazon.co.uk 3LP version

amazon.com - 

• ASIN: B016OJOUYC

Amazon shows a standard version for $19.99.  I'm not sure what release is what.  I'm just going to keep my order for the one that says 3 disc from Amazon on and see what happens.  

I can't seem to find the "standard" 2LP version of the new 2015 reissue listed on their site at all. There is a 2012, 1LP reissue for $20, but no 2LP. I would say, since the title, description and product details all say 3LP, I think its safe to say we're going to get the 3LP version. I just think that they're going to bump that price up once they realize how cheap they are.

I can't seem to find the "standard" 2LP version of the new 2015 reissue listed on their site at all. There is a 2012, 1LP reissue for $20, but no 2LP. I would say, since the title, description and product details all say 3LP, I think its safe to say we're going to get the 3LP version. I just think that they're going to bump that price up once they realize how cheap they are.

Sorry, that is the version I saw.  I didn't know there was a 2012 1 disc version.  

• 4 weeks later...

Where did you see that at? Amazon still shows Dec 11. Might not be a bad thing for this to come out after Christmas. My wallet is getting a little light.

Just got a shipping update from Amazon:  Estimated arrival date: January 22, 2016

I'm ok with that too... I'll actually have some money by then! Not great if you were planning on giving it as a present though.

• 2 weeks later...