PO: Trap Them - Blissfucker (Deathwish Exclusive Color)

I applaud you for your restraint, Derek.  I have jammed this album a ton and it's awesome.  It's unfortunate that they won't tour on it much, if any, aside from festival appearances.  I read in the new Decibel that the singer suffers from the degenerative brain disease/disorder that football players and other athletes get from repeated head trauma/concussions.  Crazy to think that giving it your all plus on stage night after night can lead to such things.

Nice.  I'm in that boat as well.  I've only held off on listening to anything other than the single so far... but between this and the new YAITW, it's been a ruthless couple of weeks courtesy of Deathwish.

I got my shipping confirmation too and I'm exactly like you in the sense that I wait until I get the record in hand to actually listen to it. It increases the excitement level when I finally receive it.

From a post on their Facebook on Monday:

FREE Trap Them show w/ Coliseum , Incendiary, and White Widows Pact at Night Bazaar July 19th presented by Noisey/Vice.

Trap Them East Coast headlining dates w/Coliseum: 

July 18th Dover, NH w/ Coliseum at Sonny's

July 19th Brooklyn, NY w/ Coliseum + more at Night Bazaar presented by Noisey FREE SHOW!

July 20th Philly, PA w/ Coliseum at The Barbary

then 2 nights at Deathwish Fest:

July 22 Cambridge, MA Deathwish Fest w/ Converge, MLIW, Doomriders, Cult Leader + many more

July 23 Cambridge, MA Deathwish Fest w/ Converge, Coliseum, YAITW + many more

We're not planning on many shows this year, so we hope to see as many of you as possible this July.

Awesome.  I'm a few days out over here.  You'll have to let us know how it sounds.

I applaud you for your restraint, Derek.  I have jammed this album a ton and it's awesome.  It's unfortunate that they won't tour on it much, if any, aside from festival appearances.  I read in the new Decibel that the singer suffers from the degenerative brain disease/disorder that football players and other athletes get from repeated head trauma/concussions.  Crazy to think that giving it your all plus on stage night after night can lead to such things.

If that is in fact true, that's just wild.  I suppose it makes sense - and quite frankly, I'm surprised I haven't heard of it happening more often - but it's still a trip to consider.

Sadly it didn't arrive as expected.  Someone had reused a DW box to send me another record.  Hopefully tomorrow.

The article in Decibel featured the singer talking about the new album and the issues he was experiencing, or starting to experience.  Made me pretty sad to read because Trap Them has gotten better with each album.  Wait till you hear the new one.  Your ears will be quite pleased.

• 3 weeks later...

There is A Green 180 gram version available from the TRAP THEM website. Its the one directly from the band! I just bought it its 180 gram and colored! What could be better! I think there was only like 45 left if i am not mistaken.

http://trapthem.bigcartel.com/product/trap-them-blissfucker-lp

Kept meaning to post since I got my copy in.  I've only listened to this a few times and it hasn't hit me quite like the other TT albums have right off the bat.  It's good by all means, but I think it's going to take me multiple listens to really appreciate it.  I do really like the art for the album.

Kept meaning to post since I got my copy in.  I've only listened to this a few times and it hasn't hit me quite like the other TT albums have right off the bat.  It's good by all means, but I think it's going to take me multiple listens to really appreciate it.  I do really like the art for the album.

Keep listening it will click! I absolutely love this album. They are one of my new favorite bands.