Can we make a new "no fishing" rule?

forgeagain

it was $71-$91 for the tour edition, not the regular one which he owns

^Yeah. There were no results for the regular first press that I have. Only the outrageously priced rec. release one, giving the buyer no idea what the regular one is worth.

In that case I will politely remove my foot from my mouth.

Eh they're annoying but that's life. As someone who has sold on this site I find listing what you're going to sell with a recommended price tends to move more records (and avoids a thousand "$10ppd for the Black Sink or Swim"). Even list a slightly high recommended price as a negotiating point.

I don't know as a buyer but it certainly helps to sell shit.

I quick search on deadformat.net finds that there are 1000 copies of the shook ones records, with 60 rec release version and 300 on your color. So it seems to me that if the going price for a rec release version is ~$80, and it is 6 times rarer, then a fair price would be maybe $15.

It's not that hard.

I quick search on deadformat.net finds that there are 1000 copies of the shook ones records, with 60 rec release version and 300 on your color. So it seems to me that if the going price for a rec release version is ~$80, and it is 6 times rarer, then a fair price would be maybe $15.

It's not that hard.

That's not really how it works. Or was this post a joke? I can't tell.

It's not a joke. It's just means to get to a starting point for an offer, so you're not sitting there going, "OMG! I wi'll never get this record because I have no idea how to make offers."

Using my example more. Say you don't know what to offer. You could start at $15. If the seller wants more, he'll say something like "No, I want more." In which case, you would offer more if it was worth more to you.

If you expect *me* to buy *your* record, don't expect me to know how much its worth, and don't expect me to do the research. If you really want sell it, price it, at a reasonable rate. Not because you saw it go for $100 on ebay.

i think doing some research would make you a better shopper. you'll never know if some guy would easily sell you a 7" for $40 while it's still available from the label for $4. because chances are, shady sellers would.

Chances are that if you're going to shell out $40 for a 7" its because its worth that to you. BUT chances are if its generally available from the label/distros you'd know.