Help choosing integrated amp? Marantz PM5004? Yamaha A-S500BL?

Hey guys, wanted to get some trusted opinions before investing in some new gear.

Here's my current setup-

Pro-ject Debut Carbon

Cambridge 551P Preamp

Sherwood RX-4105 Receiver

Polk RTi8 Floorstanding Speakers

My receiver is the weak link in the setup, and for the sake of de-cluttering my system, I wanted to just replace the preamp and receiver with an integrated amplifier.

My budget is $300-$400. I live in a small studio apartment so I don't need much power (but will move to a bigger space eventually). I'm looking for something with clarity and a low noise floor. I listen to all kinds of music but mostly heavy/rock/electronic/jazz/pop stuff. Bass/treble and balance controls would be nice too.

That being said, I've heard good stuff about Marantz, Yamaha, Onkyo, etc. Specifically I've been looking at the Marantz PM5004/6004, and the Yamaha A-S500BL. I'm definitely open to consider anything else in the price range, or anything used. For example, I've also been eyeing the Onkyo A9050 ($450 on Amazon Warehouse Deals, should I jump on that?)

Any thoughts? Suggestions? Thanks in advance!

I asked this same question a couple months ago, the consensus seemed to be the marantz 6004 is worth spending the extra for over the 5004, and also sounds better/warmer than the yamaha which was overly bright and tended to cause ear fatigue. Unfortunately for you I ended up buying a Marantz 2385 so I can't do much more besides repeat what was conveyed to me. Here's a link to that thread:

http://boards.vinylcollective.com/topic/99221-marantz-pm6004-vs-yamaha-s500/

Can't comment on the Onkyo but every Onkyo 5.1 system I've owned/listened to has been pretty banging on the low end but not incredible on the highs.