PO: Watered - Some Are Born Into the Endless night (FFO: ITTCT, Audrey Fall, dark post-rock)

I've been pimping this German instrumental band lately & officially decided I think it's worth posting a PO link to their new album.

Check out their incredible first album here...

watered.bandcamp.com

New song from this album...

https://m.soundcloud.com/aentitainment/watered-keratokonus

PO the new record here. Only $22 US shipped. Make sure to check the American flag up top so it switches to English. I don't see a release date, but their Facebook says "May/June".

http://shop.aentitainment.com/product.php?id_product=139

Let me know if you guys get a response as to whether or not it's still in stock.  (No idea how it'd sell out, given their obscurity.  But who knows? - maybe that distro only received 50 copies or something.)  I definitely enjoyed the linked track enough to blindly PO.

got a reply:

me: i got an email saying this was on back order and out of stock. is that because is a pre-order? are you going to get more in stock?

if not i may have to cancel.

:(

him: don't worry. that's because of the preorder as we don't have the records physically in stock yet.

Best

Chris

Well then, hot damn.  I'm all in.  Thanks for the update, good sir.

[edit]

Because it's going to drive me crazy otherwise, can I ask you guys... is there any inkling what label will be handling this press, mentioned anywhere?  I would assume it's some obscure, oversea affair... but the cataloging side of me is dying to get a name.

i mean, not only does it sound great, but $22 to the US? are you kidding me?

Seriously.  I'm also grabbing the debut that King linked, via Bandcamp.  I suspect that this album will do a good job quenching my thirst for post-rock vinyl, while waiting for that Audrey Fall to get pressed.

[edit]

Since I seem to bump into you in quite a bit of these threads, I wanted to bring this one to your attention, in case it slipped under your radar.  Apologies if you're aware of them and just don't care about new material.  I know that Don, King, and myself are pretty pumped for it.

Seriously.  I'm also grabbing the debut that King linked, via Bandcamp.  I suspect that this album will do a good job quenching my thirst for post-rock vinyl, while waiting for that Audrey Fall to get pressed.

If you still haven't checked out Fall of Messiah yet, I would highly recommend doing so.

Hey guys, 

I just stumbled over this chat here...
The WATERED LP is still in "preorder-status" thats why the shop-system sends those mails.

Officia releasedate is May 26. But I'm suspicious the records will arrive in time to speak frankly.

The factory was really lame this time.

But what I'm curious about is this "$22 shipping". How do you come to this?

Best
Chris

Got the same email as Cholly. So we're all good here. I was fully expecting an email saying not only that, but something along the lines of "Oh shit we waaaaay under charged for shipping to the US, so you owe another $20." Maybe they have a US distro? Who knows, either way, I'm pumped! Glad everyone else is diggin it. Gotta give props to my brother for texting me to check this band out a few weeks ago. And then props to me for grooming him properly to like good music :P

Since I seem to bump into you in quite a bit of these threads, I wanted to bring this one to your attention, in case it slipped under your radar. Apologies if you're aware of them and just don't care about new material. I know that Don, King, and myself are pretty pumped for it.

Not to derail too much here, but the beginning of that Talons song is one of the best intros to any song I've heard lately. demdrums. Very "Signal/Noise"-esque by Cloudkicker. Very excited for that one.

what do you think shipping a vinyl from Germany to the US costs?

I hope only as much as we've been charged?? haha I dunno I guess I just thought it would be more?

EDIT: Just saw your first post above. I made a point to say the total including shipping was $22, not $22 simply for shipping. Which we are all super stoked about. VERY fair pricing.

no, it's actually straight 4,50€ for shipping & packaging.
Lately I wanted to purchase a vinyl from the US and when the charged me $36 for shipping only I fall over.

But if you guys get your thrills from good postrock vinyl you really should give this one a listen:
http://shop.aentitainment.com/product.php?id_product=133

what do you think shipping a vinyl from Germany to the US costs?

what i think, and what are typically the norm...are two different things.

with your shipping, it'll make it easier to get here in the states which will be good for you. more will sell. i guarantee that.

I've had some places charge upwards of 14-17 euros just for shipping. and thats why i no longer buy from them. i just cant.

if you keep this up, i can buy from you more often. as with everyone else.

Hey guys, 

I just stumbled over this chat here...

The WATERED LP is still in "preorder-status" thats why the shop-system sends those mails.

Officia releasedate is May 26. But I'm suspicious the records will arrive in time to speak frankly.

The factory was really lame this time.

But what I'm curious about is this "$22 shipping". How do you come to this?

Best

Chris

i was referring to $22 total to the US. and when i said "are you kidding me" i meant that as being VERY AWESOME

no, it's actually straight 4,50€ for shipping & packaging.

Lately I wanted to purchase a vinyl from the US and when the charged me $36 for shipping only I fall over.

But if you guys get your thrills from good postrock vinyl you really should give this one a listen:

http://shop.aentitainment.com/product.php?id_product=133

That's awesome to hear. Next step is convincing Watered to tour the US!

I'll for sure check out the suggestion. Although if they are good, maybe I shouldn't so I'm not tempted to spend even more money haha.