Metallica, Metal Up Your Ass!

Guest admin1338560633

Guest Admin

METALLICA "Kill 'Em All" dbl LP 180 gram audiophile quality vinyl

METALLICA "Kill 'Em All" LP

METALLICA "Ride The Lightning" dbl LP 180 gram audiophile quality vinyl

METALLICA "Ride The Lightning" LP remastered

We just got in the single LP edition of "Kill 'Em All" so I thought now would be a good time to talk Metallica.

I must say that these Metallica reissues bring me back to my 8th grade year when my folks wouldn't let me go see the Monsters of Rock tour with Metallica and Guns n Roses. Pretty much everyone at the Suburban Home/Vinyl Collective offices had stories to share when we got these records in. For many years, we used to host a show called the Monsters of Mock and it always happened around Halloween. We would ask locals to play metal cover sets and dress up as the bands they were covering. The shows would be attended by tons of people all dressed up as butt rockers and let me tell you, when you dress the part and you are boozing, you become a different person. The nights always ended with all kinds of debauchery. Justin, who handles mailorder and shipping/receiving, actually performed a full Metallica set during our first Monsters of Mock as that was a highly influential band for them.

I am sure you all have stories as well, but if you don't already own these records on wax, do yourself a favor and relieve the days before Metallica became the band they became. Also, I have the ability to get some of the other albums as imports, if you are interested in any of these, let me know.

i'll put JT in there after simpson, then everything after the black album.

post-black, metallica suck huge arseholes full of shit.

but then im an old b'stard who got into them way back when.

they ARE cool dudes, but their output after black is fucking shite rock-lite wank.

i agree 100%, and i'll even add that black sucked ass. how can they follow up a record as awesome as justice with that 'enter sandman' bullshit?

i'll put JT in there after simpson, then everything after the black album.

post-black, metallica suck huge arseholes full of shit.

but then im an old b'stard who got into them way back when.

they ARE cool dudes, but their output after black is fucking shite rock-lite wank.

i agree 100%, and i'll even add that black sucked ass. how can they follow up a record as awesome as justice with that 'enter sandman' bullshit?

spot on re: the load of shit black album from the incred justice.

black is listenable though, the rest after - utter shite.

Damn reissues... I have all of the original pressings of the only Metallica albums that count - Kill 'em All, Lightning, Puppets, and Justice. Hell, Kill 'em all and Lightning are Megaforce pressings. I even have the Creeping Death EP and Garage Days Re-visited. And I'm still considering buying the double LP's.

Yikes!