Fuck you, Judy

Guest stl_ben.

Are you trying to kill someone?

Haha, nah, just don't need the credit card companies tracking my moves.

^^ lol seriously.

not sure if duuuuude was joking, but it doesn't matter how you pay for a gun, it is tracked to you, that's just how it works.  Unless of course you buy from some shady character in a dark alley...

Was kind of joking; I mean, the government definitely knows I have a gun because I have my concealed handgun license, which I had to go through the state for. Also because when I bought it they went through a background check (which doesn't necessarily mean you went through with purchasing the gun and supposedly only stays on file with the gun shop), but the credit card companies don't need to know what I spend my money on.

I'm sick of targeted advertising and people sharing information I don't necessarily want out there with everyone, which is what the cc companies do.

Haha, nah, just don't need the credit card companies tracking my moves.

Was kind of joking; I mean, the government definitely knows I have a gun because I have my concealed handgun license, which I had to go through the state for. Also because when I bought it they went through a background check (which doesn't necessarily mean you went through with purchasing the gun and supposedly only stays on file with the gun shop), but the credit card companies don't need to know what I spend my money on.

I'm sick of targeted advertising and people sharing information I don't necessarily want out there with everyone, which is what the cc companies do.

Yeah, I hate searching for stuff to buy online, then seeing Facebook try to sell me the same stuff I was looking for, even on a different computer.

Sincerely,

Creeped Out and Paranoid in Tennessee

Yesterday I spent $129 on a new timer and a fuse. They cannot be returned if installed, neither of them fixed the issue.

Later in the day when we got back home, a timer and fuse was in my mailbox. Judy is a moron. I left several voicemails asking for the parts so I could fix it myself. She's like 2 weeks too late on that. 

I have scheduled a repair man for today around 12pm. Hopefully this dude can fix it, and doesn't take my parts to never return. 

Here is a link for our text conversation, because why not? Keep in mind, I always call her and she always responds with text, so that's kind of what I had to resort to.  The days between texts from her I was calling at least once a day leaving a voicemail. This lady has to hate me already. 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/24037te3ztn5po4/conversation.zip

Best part was we were talking about what had happened at the appliance store and the owner was like 'was her name Judy?'

Even he knew how shitty she was.

I guess the next update would be after the small claims, I'm going to write her a letter requesting a copy of the warranty and receipt she neglected to issue me. I may send two of those for court purposes, as lara stated a few pages back, then file for small claims. 

I'll be claiming all parts and repair costs as well as half the cost of the dryer, not sure I could get the entire cost recouped. But, I think I'll be able to get all repair costs.

Yeah, I hate searching for stuff to buy online, then seeing Facebook try to sell me the same stuff I was looking for, even on a different computer.

Sincerely,

Creeped Out and Paranoid in Tennessee

It's called retargeting/remarketing.  You set off a pixel on the website when you get to certain pages.  Facebook integrates all their data so as long as you are logged in to you account, they know how to serve you ads for the products you looked at no matter what computer or device you are on... even your mobile phone now.  

I guess the next update would be after the small claims, I'm going to write her a letter requesting a copy of the warranty and receipt she neglected to issue me. I may send two of those for court purposes, as lara stated a few pages back, then file for small claims.

I'll be claiming all parts and repair costs as well as half the cost of the dryer, not sure I could get the entire cost recouped. But, I think I'll be able to get all repair costs.

Awesome. Judy is about to get DEALT WITH.

It might be worth your while to contact the Columbus Legal Aid services: http://www.columbuslegalaid.org/index.php/services.

They provide pro bono legal services for a myriad of issues.  Not sure if they handle consumer issues in regards to warranty but they might be able to provide some advice and explain what you should expect from small claims.  You may have an understanding of that process already, but perhaps they can help out more.

Questions for you lara...

I've done the whole small claims before, and won... but I don't want to come off as overzealous with my claim. 

Total spent was $285 for the set, I was only going to claim 50% of the dryer, which I just put to half of $285. So, about $70 or so.

Also claim my $129 in parts, the $35 fee for the repair man, and the cost of the part he recommended buying. 

Should i just request the entire cost of the dryer, $143?

I doubt she will send me a copy of the warranty, I doubt she even has a document for that. So, I'm thinking I'll have a problem proving that I even had a warranty. 

I really don't think I'll have a problem with recouping my ~$240, I think it's pretty cut and dry. Those are the only concerns I have as of now. 

Seems to me like unless she can prove that it was sold "as is, no refunds" or anything similar, it shouldn't matter if you have a warranty or not.

She took the money and didn't deliver what she promised (a working used dryer). It might have been a different story if it had broken after the 5th use or something.