PO next week: PARK's first new release in 8 years, Jacob The Rabbit 10"

Shipping costs for one 10" to Germany are $ 20. This is ridiculous. I love this band, and I am used to being charged way too much for shipping anyway. But enough is enough, I am not willing to pay this. It is impossible that these are the real shipping costs for one 10" - that's more than I usually pay for shipping a double LP in a gatefold jacket from the US to Germany. What a bummer, I would really love to own this.

Shipping costs for one 10" to Germany are $ 20. This is ridiculous. I love this band, and I am used to being charged way too much for shipping anyway. But enough is enough, I am not willing to pay this. It is impossible that these are the real shipping costs for one 10" - that's more than I usually pay for shipping a double LP in a gatefold jacket from the US to Germany. What a bummer, I would really love to own this.

it's not supposed to be that - give me a minute

After checking with our mailorder girl, she says shipping overseas varies between 15-18 dollars. So I changed it but only lowered it to $18. We really can't be losing money on shipping and she says that's what a 12" box costs to get over there; I know it sucks, but that's about all we can do if we actually want to ship internationally (which, obviously, we do). 

Same for the UK. New song is great though.

how much do you guys usually get charged for international shipping?

It depends, it seems many US labels make additional profit by charging way to much for shipping. Usually I am charged between $ 12 and $ 15 for shipping a single LP and around $ 18 to $ 20 for a double LP. I have purchased thousands of records directly from the US in my life, but I have never ever paid $ 20 for getting one 10" shipped to Germany.

The weird thing is: the other way around shipping is just so much cheaper. I ship records from Germany to the US and anywhere else in the world for my label Arctic Rodeo Recordings all the time, and shipping costs for 1 LP to the US are less than € 5, for 2 LPs it's less that € 9.

This is just crazy.

It depends, it seems many US labels make additional profit by charging way to much for shipping. Usually I am charged between $ 12 and $ 15 for shipping a single LP and around $ 18 to $ 20 for a double LP. I have purchased thousands of records directly from the US in my life, but I have never ever paid $ 20 for getting one 10" shipped to Germany.

The weird thing is: the other way around shipping is just so much cheaper. I ship records from Germany to the US and anywhere else in the world for my label Arctic Rodeo Recordings all the time, and shipping costs for 1 LP to the US are less than € 5, for 2 LPs it's less that € 9.

This is just crazy.

For what it's worth, the 10" ships in a 12" mailer and this specific 10", since it comes with a 16-page 7" booklet, actually weighs considerably more (therefore costing more to ship) than a standard 12" with the usual packaging. 

I wish it was cheaper to ship but based on what I'm being told by our mailorder girl it kinda seems like we can't budge much more. Sorry man. 

This is just crazy.

Labels will lose money now if they charge less than $16 to ship one LP to Germany. I would be surprised if any label charges less than that now.

• 4 weeks later...

this arrived yesterday. the music really is great, but the release is strange... short of just listening to it, you wouldn't even know it was a park album unless you read the small print on the center label or small print on the back of the booklet. no writing on the spine of the jacket either. the actual release title is nowhere to be found. my wife initially opened the package and had no idea what it was haha.