Titus Andronicus 7" Subscription Series

Titus Andronicus announced that they will be releasing a series of seven 7"s over the course of the next 49 weeks - a new seven inch every seven weeks.  It was announced during a two hour "press conference" by Patrick Stickles.  The subscription is $45 + $18 shipping and can be found on their web store.  Each 7" is limited to 400 copies and the first 7" will be released on 7/7/14.  The first release will contain the songs "Titus Andronicus", "Fear and Loathing in Mawah, NJ", "Arms Against Atrophy" and an unreleased song, "Talking Oral Fixation Blues".  The remaining releases will be splits - each one containing a new Titus song.  Since the press conference was so draining both mentally and physically, I'm just going to copy and paste Pitchfork's report -

Titus Andronicus have announced a new 7" series. The series begins next week, July 7, with a reissue of their first record, 2007's "Titus Andronicus" b/w "Fear And Loathing In Mahwah, New Jersey", which will come packaged with an extra disc featuring material from 2005. Subscriptions will be available on their web store.

The other records in the series will be split 7"s with their peers, with new Titus songs on the A-sides. The first new one they're releasing is "Stranded (On My Own)", above, which is out on August 25. It's backed by a song by new band Wicked Kind, which features members of Titus. Find those songs below.

Subscriptions are available in an edition of 400. There will be a release party on July 7 at 7 p.m. at Shea Stadium in Brooklyn—tickets are available via their web store, and if you attend, you'll get the first 7" in the series for free. Wicked Kind will also perform.

Patrick Stickles announced all of this during an absurdly lengthy online press conference. He also showed off favorites in his 7" collection and explained, at length, the significance of the number seven. They've released seven 7" records in seven years. The new 7" is out on 7/7/14, and, if you add seven to seven, the sum is 14.

Is it almost time to preorder the preorder for the next preorder yet?

I'm afraid they'll release like one record of this sub and I'll be fucked, I want it though.

I hear ya.  I never bought into their Super Deluxe VIP Pre-Order for the album which will be released sometime in the very distant future back when they did that around a year ago.  I ended up buying this because I felt somewhat confident they'd pull through.  Although, I wouldn't be shocked if they gave up after one or two releases - especially considering how erratic Stickles is.  If that's the case, I suppose I'm making a charitable donation to a band I love... 

I hear ya.  I never bought into their Super Deluxe VIP Pre-Order for the album which will be released sometime in the very distant future back when they did that around a year ago.  I ended up buying this because I felt somewhat confident they'd pull through.  Although, I wouldn't be shocked if they gave up after one or two releases - especially considering how erratic Stickles is.  If that's the case, I suppose I'm making a charitable donation to a band I love... 

Do you think he's alluding to the new album in the subscription description?

"When all 7 7"s have been released, something will happen, something monumental."

I talked to Patrick after a show in Chicago a while back, and what he told me at the time was the A side of the 7"s will be a song from the album, and the B side would be a "relevant cover." Sounds like they changed their minds on the plan for the B sides, but it's possible that the A sides will appear on the album that comes out in 49 weeks or so.

Looks like the first two 7" records sold out. Now they're offering a partial subscription for the remaining 5 releases on their web store. I am actually pretty surprised. Although, I think much of it has to do with getting the first two releases for free if you bought tickets to their release show.

Do you think he's alluding to the new album in the subscription description?

"When all 7 7"s have been released, something will happen, something monumental."

I was hoping the new album would come out sooner. Back in around July of last year they were projecting a Nov 2014 release date. I hope they're not too far off schedule. It sounds like the new album is pretty ambitious - a rock opera double album about Patrick's mania - so maybe he still has a lot of writing to do.