OUT NOW: 2014 bootleg release of NINE INCH NAILS Broken/Fixed - Colored Vinyl!

Maybe I'm in the minority but if I can't have an authentic copy then I don't want one at all. I can't stand all that counterfeit shit and wish people would stop buying it so that market would go away. At 32 bucks I'd rather shell out the rest of what it would take to get an original one.

E73A2C8C-1777-41EA-820D-71B935E3E4D6_zps

This will be my image for sarcastic thumbs up

Maybe I'm in the minority but if I can't have an authentic copy then I don't want one at all. I can't stand all that counterfeit shit and wish people would stop buying it so that market would go away. At 32 bucks I'd rather shell out the rest of what it would take to get an original one.

I'm also with this guy.

I was patient and got an OG Broken 12"+7" for $50. Sounds great.

EDIT: that being said, if boot is the only option for a release I'd consider it.

I'm also with this guy.

I was patient and got an OG Broken 12"+7" for $50. Sounds great.

EDIT: that being said, if boot is the only option for a release I'd consider it.

I agree with MXV as well - that said, you'd be hard pressed to get Broken AND Fixed for less than $100. I still think people who buy counterfeits are doing themselves and others a disservice. 

How is it a disservice to others? And if the boot sounds awesome (like this one) then where is the harm being done? (Take away the fact that the band didn't get my money)

You're (the Royal you) creating a market for illegitimate (and often inferior) items... can I tell you how many fake copies of PJ Harvey's Stories from the City record I had to go through to get a real one? About 6. Now, my fault for buying them online, but it's not exactly a common record that I had opportunity to hold in my hand and inspect. A lot of sellers falsely listed fake copies under the listing for the real deal (all too common tactic) and it was horribly pressed (tons of non-fill and surface noise).

Granted this NIN pressing would be obvious as a fake, so it's easily avoided, but I think there's a diluting of quality here that people are overlooking when they buy counterfeits of previously-pressed records. I know I know THE HOBBY. But it's not really fair to those of us who want originals or legit reissues.

And before anyone goes through my Discogs and calls me out - yes, I have QOTSA Songs for the Deaf and Tool's Aenima and Salival. I bought those back in the Aural Exploits days when I didn't know what I was getting.

And I was burned recently on a couple of Nick Cave fakes (Boatman's Call and No More Shall We Part)... can't wait for the official represses on those.

I'm also not opposed to bootlegs (concerts, demos, etc) of not-otherwise-available material... I have a ton of those too.