Circa Survive signs to Sumerian Records... Interesting. (New Info 8/19)

Kind of thought this was an interesting signing. Really unlike anything this label has signed in the past. Also surprised Circa Survive didn't stick with the unsigned route. 

Anyway, anyone who's interested in a deluxe cd release of violent waves, looks like Sumerian is releasing it. Link here: http://sumerianmerch.com/

I don't know anything about this label, but I'm excited for the fact it means the release of LP5 is imminent. Although I would have liked them to stay independent, I read on Anthony's Twitter that he wanted to make sure this album reached a wide audience because they were all so proud of it, hence the signing. So that makes me really hopeful.

Weird. This is the same label that a bunch of metalcore bands are on, right? I know Asking Alexandria is/was. Either way, maybe they'll do a fairly normal album release without a $250 hand-painted vinyl that I can't afford right now. :P Any way they do it, I'm okay with it. I just think Sumerian is an odd choice.