Ordered a copy of deja on ebay...

Please don't look at records like investments lol. The $400 you have tied up in a copy of deja is gone as soon as they decide to repress it or the vinyl fad loses steam on tumblr etc. It has virtually no instrinsic value, it's 2 hunks of plastic and some cardstock.

lol, I just saw the investment part. The market is getting so flooded with vinyl in a few years they'll be like cds are now. All  these expensive ass records will lose value, certainly not gain any.

lol, I just saw the investment part. The market is getting so flooded with vinyl in a few years they'll be like cds are now. All these expensive ass records will lose value, certainly not gain any.

Which will help us! Some releases I just know I'll snag for cheap 5-6 years from now

Which will help us! Some releases I just know I'll snag for cheap 5-6 years from now

exactly, I'm kinda looking forward to this "vinyl boom" to end. Most true music fans, especially in the independent/diy community have always pressed records, never stopped.  Be nice to get things for normal prices again, and not have the plants clogged up for months upon months to get new releases out. Once the major labels quit pressing every variation of Johnny Cash/Pink Floyd/Beatles, and every other unnecessary re-issue, things will open up and get back to normal hopefully. And the hipsters will go away, it'll be back to how it was 10 years ago.  Not that I don't hope people stay interested in the format, it's just all the unnecessary stuff that gets pressed and clogs up the plants for actual new releases and such. 

Would anyone be interested in opening a record store with me in 1-3 years? I'd like to have a buyback vinyl counter and capture the looks on peoples faces as I tell them that their "Ultra-rare 180-gram two tone spallter with the reverse backmasking tracks" is worth 5.00. (I'm assuming this will be a reality show as well). 

Would anyone be interested in opening a record store with me in 1-3 years? I'd like to have a buyback vinyl counter and capture the looks on peoples faces as I tell them that their "Ultra-rare 180-gram two tone spallter with the reverse backmasking tracks" is worth 5.00. (I'm assuming this will be a reality show as well). 

Coming next Fall to TruTV, right after Hardcore Pawn.