dirty needle

it is pfan-stat. i know that this is designed for use on the record and not stylus but its all i have laying around. is this bad to use? first time ive used it on stylus

I don't know about you, but I prefer to not put any chemical containing lead on my diamond tip. Especially when the product itself says TO WASH YOUR HANDS AND CAN CAUSE REPRODUCTIVE HARM.

Also it states "SHOULD be safe to use on 78 as it contains no alcohol"... they don't even know? Really?

Here's a good rule of thumb- don't use any chemical for a purpose it was not created for originally.

should be fine.  

Lol.

should be fine.  

funny hey?  yeah, it should be fine... probably wont be an issue.  recommended? probably not.  do it all the time, i'd say no.. but the dude apparently had a chunk of something stuck onto his stylus and got it off, he's ahead of the game and yeah, it should be fine. heheheh

if its a record lubricant that means it leaves a residue on the record, which... then comes into contact with the stylus.. hmmm

funny hey?  yeah, it should be fine... probably wont be an issue.  recommended? probably not.  do it all the time, i'd say no.. but the dude apparently had a chunk of something stuck onto his stylus and got it off, he's ahead of the game and yeah, it should be fine. heheheh

if its a record lubricant that means it leaves a residue on the record, which... then comes into contact with the stylus.. hmmm

zFYZn.gif

• 2 weeks later...