WTB/WTTF: Soundgarden "Superunknown" original press (any color) or 320 press

vinylfilmaholic

I figure this one might be a real long shot but I'm looking for an original pressing (or one of the 320 represses from the 2000s) of "Superunknown". If I have anything that you would like to trade for please hit me up or if you would like to sell yours hit me up!!!!! 

Thank you! 

I can tell you from experience that if you didn't care for the recent re-press you shouldn't waste your time and money looking for an original.

If he didn't care for the repress and shouldn't waste time looking for an o/g then that would leave him empty handed which is his current, unfavorable position, am I right?

Weekend bump....

I'm about to lose an auction on a clear pressing on eBay and it's going way beyond what I'd pay cash money for on that specific press so if anybody here has a pressing they wouldn't mind trading for (almost) anything in my collection, please send me a PM. If there's nothing you see in my collection, but wouldn't mind selling it off just letting you know, my max is $45ppd. 

Weekend bump....

I'm about to lose an auction on a clear pressing on eBay and it's going way beyond what I'd pay cash money for on that specific press so if anybody here has a pressing they wouldn't mind trading for (almost) anything in my collection, please send me a PM. If there's nothing you see in my collection, but wouldn't mind selling it off just letting you know, my max is $45ppd. 

The other copy up is going for $100 already, so chances are it's going to hit that mark. Sucks, man.

• 3 weeks later...

Fwiw, I just purchased the remaster after I sold my Korean press last year. I picked it up from a seller on amazon for $45 all in. Sounds pretty good to me. But keep look I'm sure a copy will pop up eventually for a reasonable price.

I bought the remaster and quickly sold it because it sounded really bad to me. Very compressed and brickwalled. I've heard samples of the original and it sounds so much better!

I guess I should have commented on my original statement about the original press. Sorry about that. This may get nerdy.

The original press doesn't sound bad. It's cut really hot. Depending on the cartridge you are using it can be sibilant on cymbals, the "sss" vocal sounds clip and sometimes guitars can get crackly. I have three close friends with original presses. Two blues and an orange. I've heard the album many times on three different systems.

All three systems, including mine, have been on a steady upgrade path. With each increase in quality of cartridge and stylus, the recording gets better. Higher end distortion is handled better and is more tolerable. I've directly compared the original with the repress. The original is "louder" if that's what you are into. The remaster is respectable though. A rip of a record available online could be done through a ten thousand dollar turntable and cartridge setup and you wouldn't know. Obviously that will sound better than a cheapie cartridge.

I guess I should have commented on my original statement about the original press. Sorry about that. This may get nerdy.

The original press doesn't sound bad. It's cut really hot. Depending on the cartridge you are using it can be sibilant on cymbals, the "sss" vocal sounds clip and sometimes guitars can get crackly. I have three close friends with original presses. Two blues and an orange. I've heard the album many times on three different systems.

All three systems, including mine, have been on a steady upgrade path. With each increase in quality of cartridge and stylus, the recording gets better. Higher end distortion is handled better and is more tolerable. I've directly compared the original with the repress. The original is "louder" if that's what you are into. The remaster is respectable though. A rip of a record available online could be done through a ten thousand dollar turntable and cartridge setup and you wouldn't know. Obviously that will sound better than a cheapie cartridge.

+1. Very good post!

what's the deal w/ those?

They're all-analog pressings done in the early-to-mid 2000s in Europe. I have one and it sounds fantastic. I suggest picking that up instead of tracking down an original unless you can find one for around the same price as the repress. Really wish I could get the "Superunknown" '320'.