do you know what this weekend is?

DUMPSTER DIVING WEEKEND AT UNIVERSITIES!!!!

Last years spoils include:

perfect condition mini fridge

3 27" televisions

Sega Genesis w/ 2 controllers and 15 games

boxes of canned food (returned to walmart for $86 in store credit)

21 speed mountain bike w/ rusty chain (replaced for $10)

a couple of louisville slugger baseball bats

a couple bottles of liqour (whiskey, crown royal, MD 40/40)

can't wiat to see what we get this weekend!

students have to generally move out the saturday after finals week, which a vasdt majority of finals are done through friday of last week (which makes them move out last saturday), or in my case, finals are this week and tomorrow is the last move out date.

Most universities in cities like Pitt University make it really hard to dumpster dive. This is seriously ideal for the schools I went too, out in the middle of nowhere, where the apartments/dorms have lots of space outside to set up dumpsters and such.

Also, one summer all we did for the month of may was ride bikes in the middle of the night. we'd go to apartments/dorms and find bikes still chained up to the racks and we'd cut the chain and go ride. all dorms are closed for the summer and most bikmes were pretty much rusted out from the winter, so we know that they were all left for trash. man, I really miss living in Edinboro somtimes.

yeah when i was in school we would grab those little fridges. we had one in like every room of our place. kids are lazy and just leave their shit. we got a pretty nice couch for our old porch, and a nice dart board. sometimes you can even get/find books and try to return them for cash.

the best and easiest way to get money in college was to go to the student health center and say you wanted to quit smoking (which i never smoked) and they would load you up with big boxes of gum and patches for free. i would then throw those on ebay and make 100-200 bucks for all the shit i got for free. i then got all my buddies and room mates to get them for me and i would sell them on ebay and split the cash. it was a great scheme until they stopped offering them for free. i guess we ruined it for everyone but still it was great while it lasted, and it beat actually working.

Guest baseball

Damn, there's some really good money making schemes in this thread. Someone should start a new thread on that topic alone.

It's true, you can find insane stuff when the semester ends. I remember seeing people throw out all kinds of nice brand new stuff when I was in college. I try and keep as little as possible in my apartment though, so I don't partake.