PO: Yo La Tengo - Painful Deluxe Reissue (Extra Painful)

Yo La Tengo’s 1993 full length album, Painful, is getting a deluxe vinyl reissue is and is being retitled Extra Painful. The 2xLP set and bonus 7″ is detailed below, where you can check out the entire tracklisting.

TRACK LISTING
PAINFUL (1993)
1. BIG DAY COMING
2. FROM A MOTEL 6
3. DOUBLE DARE
4. SUPERSTAR-WATCHER
5. NOWHERE NEAR
6. SUDDEN ORGAN
7. A WORRYING THING
8. I WAS A FOOL BESIDE YOU FOR TOO LONG
9. THE WHOLE OF THE LAW
10. BIG DAY COMING
11. I HEARD YOU LOOKING

EXTRA PAINFUL BONUS DISC (1992-1993)
1. NOWHERE NEAR (DEMO)
2. FROM A MOTEL 6 (LIVE ACOUSTIC)
3. TUNNEL VISION (UNRELEASED INSTRUMENTAL DEMO)
4. SUDDEN ORGAN (DEMO)
5. SMART WINDOW (UNRELEASED PAINFUL SESSION)
6. BIG DAY COMING (LIVE ACOUSTIC)
7. SLOW LEARNER (UNRELEASED DEMO)
8. DOUBLE DARE (DEMO)
9. A WORRYING THING (DEMO)
10. I HEARD YOU LOOKING (LIVE)

SHAKER 7” – EXACT REPRO OF ORIGINAL SINGLE
A: SHAKER
B: FOR SHAME OF DOING WRONG

The reissue is in honor of the band’s 30th anniversary. You’ll also get a further expanded download, sticker, the “first YLT Gazette in 14 years,” and new liner notes. The reissue will be released on December 2nd.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Has anyone else picked this up? Lots of people on discogs talking about how the quality of it being nearly un listenable... This close to pulling the trigger on this purchase but want to get a few more opinions on it. Thanks in advance. 

I'm pretty happy with my copy. Not a single problem, everything nice and clean. And this one turned out flat, which pretty much is my biggest complaint about Matador records. They are very thin and tend to be warped as hell. Listened to my 09' repress and couldn't make out a difference, pretty sure they're cut from the same master tapes. And the packaging + extrastuff is awesome. You should go grab one!

I'm pretty happy with my copy. Not a single problem, everything nice and clean. And this one turned out flat, which pretty much is my biggest complaint about Matador records. They are very thin and tend to be warped as hell. Listened to my 09' repress and couldn't make out a difference, pretty sure they're cut from the same master tapes. And the packaging + extrastuff is awesome. You should go grab one!

Rad thanks for the quick response, buying now cant wait. 

Has anyone else picked this up? Lots of people on discogs talking about how the quality of it being nearly un listenable... This close to pulling the trigger on this purchase but want to get a few more opinions on it. Thanks in advance. 

Got my copy from CCMusic and it's playing great. Grab a copy now.

I back what the previous posters have said.  My copy sounds good and far from being unlistenable.