PO NOW: Tera Melos - Untitled (Clear Pink /1000)

Still have my clear copy from [way] back when In Vinyl We Trust was still a thing.  I think they were selling it for $8 or $9.  I wasn't aware there was a demand for a repress, but the pink looks pretty cool. 

I've seen that clear press pop up occasionally on discogs but it's always $40+ and I haven't been willing to shell out the dough for it. This pink edition was supposed to be for sale on their recent tour with Pinback but there was a hold up with the manufacturers. Stoked to finally get this!

I've seen that clear press pop up occasionally on discogs but it's always $40+

Not that I doubt you, but that's crazy to me.  Such an obscure release to be fetching a demand like that... but what do I know?  Sargent House has been really good about keeping OOP albums in stock.  Glad this is joining the roster.  It's too good to keep out of the hands of Melos fans.

Not that I doubt you, but that's crazy to me.  Such an obscure release to be fetching a demand like that... but what do I know?  Sargent House has been really good about keeping OOP albums in stock.  Glad this is joining the roster.  It's too good to keep out of the hands of Melos fans.

It's in the background of album covers on the discogs log in page. Pretty major publicity...

It's in the background of album covers on the discogs log in page. Pretty major publicity...

Yeah, I guess so.  But I've never ogled the Discogs login page to see which albums I own (or don't own), personally.  I just meant that Tera Melos is sort of an obscure listen to begin with, and most fans seem to be familiar with DTTDY and Patagonian Rats before the S/T.  At least the ones I've talked to.

Yeah, I guess so.  But I've never ogled the Discogs login page to see which albums I own (or don't own), personally.  I just meant that Tera Melos is sort of an obscure listen to begin with, and most fans seem to be familiar with DTTDY and Patagonian Rats before the S/T.  At least the ones I've talked to.

I know, I was being sarcastic but the internet ruined it.

I know, I was being sarcastic but the internet ruined it.

Dammit, my mistake.  I figured it could've went either way.  (But looking back, it was pretty obvious you were being sarcastic.)  I wouldn't be surprised if people legitimately thought that "only the classics" were featured on that splash page.  Isn't the iconic Aphex Twin (SAW) logo on there?

For the record, this album (S/T) is their best. I don't care what anyone else says. If you got the chance to see them live playing these songs you would also agree. Now that I think about it, it's a damn shame that no one will really get to hear (and see) these songs live. It was basically a different band back then... but that's not necessarily a bad thing.

For the record, this album (S/T) is their best. I don't care what anyone else says. If you got the chance to see them live playing these songs you would also agree. Now that I think about it, it's a damn shame that no one will really get to hear (and see) these songs live. It was basically a different band back then... but that's not necessarily a bad thing.

I get depressed thinking about that. I started listening to them around when Pat Rats came out so I never got to see them tour the old stuff. Their new stuff ain't bad but it doesn't hold a candle to the first 2 releases. Nick recently made a comment about their shift in style when Vince left and John took over. More jazz-influenced drumming compared to punk/rock drumming and how that changed their writing process. Devastating knowing I didn't get to see Vince-era Tera Melos shred live. I guess shoddy youtube videos of 2006 basement shows will have to do. 

i got to see Vince, but it was right after the split came out. the show ruled, the drugs songs ruled, but there is a hole in my life knowing i never to see them with the worm. has anyone seen that 2 guitar instrumental version of last smile for jaron? that's the band's peak IMO. drugs is probably my favorite album even though s/t has all the punk energy

drugs is probably my favorite album even though s/t has all the punk energy

I love them both. I was just trying to make a list of my top 5 favorite songs from that era and couldn't choose just 5... 40 Rods, Melody 2, Melody 5, Melody 7, Spoonful of Slurry, Last Smile for Jaron, When Worms Learn to Fly, Werewolf and Ben... Ahhhh. The best.

141523717652603853.jpg

shitty picture with weird coloring. i got this 6 years ago. i essentially walked into a tattoo shop and handed the dude the album cover to s/t and the split with by the end of tonight and told him that i wanted a 3/4 sleeve. i don't hate the end product but i do feel the coloring is a bit blah and that it's a bit crowded. the headless chainsaw dude has a hand coming out of his neck giving the bird an egg with a theme of branches and leaves in the background. the bottom half of the chainsaw dude are tree roots which is hard to see in this picture and the chainsaw itself is cut off as well.

141523717652603853.jpg

shitty picture with weird coloring. i got this 6 years ago. i essentially walked into a tattoo shop and handed the dude the album cover to s/t and the split with by the end of tonight and told him that i wanted a 3/4 sleeve. i don't hate the end product but i do feel the coloring is a bit blah and that it's a bit crowded. the headless chainsaw dude has a hand coming out of his neck giving the bird an egg with a theme of branches and leaves in the background. the bottom half of the chainsaw dude are tree roots which is hard to see in this picture and the chainsaw itself is cut off as well.

I think it turned out really well. thanks for sharing!