Vinyl weight and how it's pressed

We all know that vinyl records are available in a number of weights. 180gram, 130gram, etc...

One thing I was wondering recently...when the records get pressed, are the plates being used the same and hence the same matrix OR do they use different ones depending on the specific weight of the record?

I know this sounds like a total n00b question but I've always been curious but just neglected to ask or research.

they use the same plates im pretty sure.. they used the same plates to press btmi- tlod, and the pic disk... and thats gotta be at least 180 gram if not more weightwise

They do use the same plates, but typically plates used for 180 and above will only last for maybe at the most 1000 pressings.

Usually after 500 or so they make new plates from the mothers.

they use the same plates im pretty sure.. they used the same plates to press btmi- tlod, and the pic disk... and thats gotta be at least 180 gram if not more weightwise

They do use the same plates, but typically plates used for 180 and above will only last for maybe at the most 1000 pressings.

Usually after 500 or so they make new plates from the mothers.