New Gaslight confirmed to have vinyl release

I'm not disagreeing with this, but what is the evidence they're going to blow up? I just want to hear solid opinions.

It's hard to say if they'll be "huge" but they did get offers from major labels before signing with Sideone. Brian actually said they were getting a lot of passes from indie labels but a lot of interest from majors but they didn't want to do a major for their second album. Doesn't mean they're going to be huge but there is a solid buzz around these guys.

The thing about Gaslight Anthem is the songs are good, but it all sounds contrived and forced. I still think Sink or Swim is a good record but that initial "WOW!" factor has passed. I don't see this record truly standing the test of time.

Anyone want Sink or Swim on black? :)

I would love to own it on black but I definitely dont have the $$$ for it

regardless I'm psyched for the new album

The thing about Gaslight Anthem is the songs are good, but it all sounds contrived and forced. I still think Sink or Swim is a good record but that initial "WOW!" factor has passed. I don't see this record truly standing the test of time.

Anyone want Sink or Swim on black? :)

peep my list lolz?

Sorry, nothing I'm really looking for on there.

I'd totally trade it for some Leatherface or Screeching Weasel stuff.

i'm kinda psyched about this and hopefully i can have the money in bank on the day it happens to go up for pre-order as now i don't have access at work during the day to order anything as my computer privelages are now gone:( fucking boss... time to get a iphone since we have net access at least

i'm kinda psyched about this and hopefully i can have the money in bank on the day it happens to go up for pre-order as now i don't have access at work during the day to order anything as my computer privelages are now gone:( fucking boss... time to get a iphone since we have net access at least

It's what I do. We don't have computers at my job, but I've ordered countless things the second they come out from my iPod. (Even my share of the co-op was purchased on my iPod.)

It's what I do. We don't have computers at my job, but I've ordered countless things the second they come out from my iPod. (Even my share of the co-op was purchased on my iPod.)

yea, i was going to buy one, but blew out 2 amps (well i took one in for tube replacement snd some other junk and the other one caught fire, so i had to repair alot more on that) and it cost me $300 for it, so i kinda fucked mysefl on gettin one, or else i would have had one this friday...darnit!!!

well I saw them a few months ago here in Columbus (not that we have a great music scene or anything) and there were probably 40 people there max most of whom obviously came for the Loved Ones based on who the stood at the stage for. So I agree with everyone saying yes they will get bigger and I do believe they will eventually blow up but I don't think this album is going to do it. I think their first major release will have them blow up or maybe the fact that they are playing on a few warped tours this summer, but I think we all still have a couple more rounds of shows before we have t worry about tickets selling out quickly due to little kids buying them up.

I am so excited I get to see them in 2 weeks in Asbury Park yay!!

Guest baseball

I don't think it's a given they'll sign to a major after S1D, but I'd bet it's probably likely.

They talk about it in the Mammoth Press interview loki posted on the Everything Else board.

I don't think it's a given they'll sign to a major after S1D, but I'd bet it's probably likely.

They talk about it in the Mammoth Press interview loki posted on the Everything Else board.

I remember in the Racket one Brian talked about the majors offering them wads of cash, but they turned it down because they wanted to pay dues. I don't know if that's some kind of mythmaking, but from everything I've heard, dude sounds pretty honest and upfront.

Majors are drawn to hype like moths to a flame, and while it's deserved, there is an insane amount of hype surrounding this band.