Topshelf Records Is Moving to San Diego (Huge Sale)

Congratulations Kev/Seth! Label moves are hectic, but starting fresh is cathartic.

Thanks, Tom!! Looking forward to it.

To be honest, there's definitely more about San Diego than just that movie haha. But seriously, congrats on Topself moving to SD. You're gonna like it here. Beyond being taxed for everything here but that's really just for the weather.   :P

Oh, for sure. We've both visited many a time. I had to make five unique download codes at 1am the night before and thought these were universally cheeky enough — I allllmost went with BURRITO1, BURRITO2, BURRITO3, etc. haha! I am perhaps most looking forward to learning more about the SD music community and how we'll fit in and how we can get involved locally — I know there's more to it than this movie!

bring me with you. i'm over these winters

you need anyone to run your site analytics/digital advertising? haha

I got thissssssssss beep boop bop bop

Seriously, as much as I love that movie, all the bands rolling through doing Anchorman jokes got old really quickly.

I remember Soma had a poster backstage that said "No Anchorman Jokes" with Ron Burgundy crossed out. It was an important thing to have.

see above!

This is a super cool deal, you guys always go above and beyond when it comes to the discounts and letting us know whats when!

Also an excellent and brave move. I think you guys will be a great fit in a great city with some very great bands ;)

Also you'll be closer to some of your west coast young bloods *cough* special explosion

I know! Really excited to be closer to Caravels, Wild Ones, SPEX, etc. — I just texted Brian from Weatherbox about how hard we are going to hang now. I never get to see these people so it'll be a great change of pace. Thanks!!

This thread and sale alerted me to that upcoming Kind of Like Spitting split LP...which got me googling and alerted me to BRIDGES WORTH BURNING being reissued by Barsuk this January.  :o

These new songs are so so so very awesome. We'll have a new one premiering next week!

Where about in san diego are you moving?

We're actually down here now scouting out office space. We found apartments on the north side of the city.

Dude, Topshelf totally gets a pass on the Anchorman jokes.

09477172619189fbe2b0a74b603e17b99a5b0024

Seriously, thanks so much for releasing amazing stuff consistently. I'm still rocking the hell out of the new Braid album.

Also, my favorite spot for burritos in SD is Cotixan. They have like 7 locations around SD now, but they're all fantastic. Recommend that red-orange sauce. Pokez is rad. Las Cuatro Milpas in Barrio Logan is amazing, but they're only open from 9 am until 3 pm. Get there early, because there's a huge line around lunch time. But it's totally worth it. Handmade tortillas, same day and fresh.

Oh, for sure. We've both visited many a time. I had to make five unique download codes at 1am the night before and thought these were universally cheeky enough — I allllmost went with BURRITO1, BURRITO2, BURRITO3, etc. haha! I am perhaps most looking forward to learning more about the SD music community and how we'll fit in and how we can get involved locally — I know there's more to it than this movie!

Once you're settled in, go get a veg burrito from El Zarape in University Heights. Then come tell me how good it was bc they put potatoes in their burritos.  :wub: