GoPro Talk

IanRees

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Egg timer thing was genius.

I do production stuff at a church and we just had this big service that we wanted to record without having to rent a bunch of expensive equipment. We borrowed 12 GoPros from people I know/church members so that we could shoot at 4k and digitally pan/zoom without introducing any digital noise grain. It's going to take forever to edit/recombine all of that footage (23 cameras total for an hour, twice- we filmed Saturday rehearsal for "just in case" footage) but we've been able to do some cool stuff with the little bit we've looked at. The test footage looks way more expensive than it was.

Egg timer thing was genius.

I do production stuff at a church and we just had this big service that we wanted to record without having to rent a bunch of expensive equipment. We borrowed 12 GoPros from people I know/church members so that we could shoot at 4k and digitally pan/zoom without introducing any digital noise grain. It's going to take forever to edit/recombine all of that footage (23 cameras total for an hour, twice- we filmed Saturday rehearsal for "just in case" footage) but we've been able to do some cool stuff with the little bit we've looked at. The test footage looks way more expensive than it was.

awesome, can't wait to see it. Post when it's done. I have the silver so I don't really use 4k, I pretty much only shoot in 1080 60

awesome, can't wait to see it. Post when it's done. I have the silver so I don't really use 4k, I pretty much only shoot in 1080 60

It's really cool and all but the files are enormous. Also it was a huge pain in the ass to have the tech crew constantly watching the clock to change out memory cards and make sure the cameras weren't overheating. Adobe Premier does really like 4k footage though, at that resolution you can do almost anything. I guess I don't really recommend 4k really unless you're going to be doing a lot of digital manipulation in post, the hardware to view true 4k just isn't really that widespread yet so IMO it's not worth the hassle of memory/shooting time constraints if you can get a good shot at 1080.

We are however going to watch the final product on a friend's 4k TV just to see it in all of its full-res glory haha.

• 1 month later...

Some recent shots I snapped

12081154_1031766700208544_1011012348_n.j

This was shared by NBCLA and the time lapse this came from was on the broadcast that night https://instagram.com/p/9phX8lEDCO/

11850131_1502906696669535_428504670_n.jp

The Milky Way from the Sespe Wilderness, the time lapse it came from https://instagram.com/p/9uRudCkDBW/

12139819_1093020970710659_1192337217_n.j

11849467_144122305938219_1200634165_n.jp11326221_1500175630299286_1812282565_n.j

Downtown LA

• 2 months later...

I'm going to Egypt on Friday and will probably do some diving sessions again.

Anybody have good advices or a GOOD tutorial for underwater settings in order to enhance the video quality?

id say get a dive filter to enhance colors http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=gopro+dive+filters

Mic Bergsma has some good videos on GoPro settings with comparisons, heres one specifically