"Do you know anyone who works at this tiny, online label?" OR the Vigilante Customer Support Thread

There comes a time when we must all don the cape, detective's cunning, and VC login required to get in contact with the employees of a tiny, online label.  This is that thread...

Does anyone know Jesse Barnes or any people at Recession Records?  I ordered a record from their web store at http://recessionrecords.bigcartel.comon 1/20 and haven't received a confirmation, shipping notice, or reply to a polite email I sent them on the 24th.  

Normally, I'd wait a little longer to check-in with them but it looks like the label is inactive, doesn't have a website or Facebook, their previous main store is offline, and the PayPal seller email is a hotmail account.  That's enough for me to be more pro-active with confirming whether they are still fulfilling orders or whether I should get a refund (through them or via a PayPal dispute).

So, VC, anyone have a lead?

He used to post a lot on Dead Format but it looks like he hasn't logged in awhile (couple months). Someone on that site may have direct contact with him. Here is his profile:

https://deadformat.net/jbrns7

Thanks!

I ordered from Its A Trap Records on 10/26/14, never shipped. I emailed and they said that they "accidentally overlooked the order" it would ship soon, that was months ago.

It sounds like you need to surpass vigilante customer service and go to a PayPal dispute and get your money back.  That's a real bummer that a 'business' can just ignore your order for months and keep your cash sitting in their account.

For those who are curious...

I talked to Big Cartel customer support and the Recession Records store on Big Cartel is online yet the account hasn't been logged into for a few years.  So, if you are a huge Twothirtyeight fan like myself, do NOT buy from the RR store.  It's basically an old store they abandoned and forgot to disable or take down.

If anyone has any link to Jesse (or better yet, a link to buy the Twothirtyeight - Regulate the Chemicals LP), please let me know here or via PM. Still on the hunt.

There should be a Netflix documentary about label owners who close down their operation & move on to other pursuits called Life After Wax: How to Avoid Online Nerds Who Still Find Ways to Order Your Records Years After You Mentally Erase Your Business From Your List of Life's Priorities.