Another newbie Set-up Advice

Hi sorry for another newbie advice. I have been doing some research and finally decided on which turntable to get. I need some advice on intregrated amp, speakers and cable. 

For the turntable I was thinking of getting the VPI Scout 1.1 with a dynavector 10x5 cart.

For integrated amp i can't decide between the two I'm looking at the marantz pm8005 pr the marantz pm6005.

Im not sure if marantz pm6005 will be enough power. I have 15x15 room.

as for speakers wharfedale diamond 10.7 or monitor audio bx6.

Cables I have no idea on which one to get. 

any suggestions?

TIA

Great table-cart combo! I have a VPI/Dynavector combo that I love. Perfect (so far) combo for me. have you heard the combo before? Are you familiar with the general sound from both brands?

I don't know enough about the Marantz or Warfdales to comment, but I would imagine you could start there and still have plenty of room for upgrades if you saw fit. Your table would easily keep up.

I started with a PM5004 and quickly moved up to a PM6004 and then a PM8004. 

I would say that the PM5xxx and PM6xxx models were pretty similar but the PM8004 was a big step up.  

If choosing between a PM6005 and PM8005, I strongly suggest going with the PM8005.  It's made in Japan vs China and everything just feels/sounds more substantial.  Don't forget that there is also a PM7005 model which includes digital inputs like the PM6005 but has more in common with the PM8005.  If digital inputs are important to you, the PM7005 might be the way to go.

Right now, I am running

Marantz TT15s1 turntable (stock clearaudio cart)

Marantz PM8004

Monitor Audio RX1 speakers

BJC speaker cable

Emotiva XDA-2 DAC

I like my Monitor Audio speakers and the old Silver RX line has been showing up for some pretty solid discounts.  You might be able to pick up a pair of RX6s for not a whole lot more than BX6s if you keep an eye out.

It does sound like there is a bit of a price point mismatch between your turntable/cartridge and your amp/speakers. Not so much in the amp if you go PM8004 but in general that VPI table and Dynavector cartridge are aimed a bit higher.

There's nothing wrong in it but you won't be getting the most out of your turntable/cart from the outset.

It does sound like there is a bit of a price point mismatch between your turntable/cartridge and your amp/speakers. Not so much in the amp if you go PM8004 but in general that VPI table and Dynavector cartridge are aimed a bit higher.

There's nothing wrong in it but you won't be getting the most out of your turntable/cart from the outset.

That's a pretty good point.  It will come down to what his total budget is, but I think that if a corner has to be cut, the PM8004 is handy because it gives you the option of running it purely as an amp (direct amp mode) and add a new preamp section or you can go the other way around and bypass the amp and use it soley as a pre.

I do tend to agree on the speakers, worst case, they are a pretty popular line and can be passed along pretty easily to recoup some funds but I do think that they are replacing the current bronze line pretty soon. Audio Advisor has had the bronze line on clearance for several months.

Either way, I think he'd be well off to get the turntable right the first time around and then have some room to play with the rest.

I know that there is a price point mismatch. I'm kinda stuck with a 2k budget on the amp and speakers for now and of course there is alway room for upgrade in the future. any other suggestions?

No not yet.. this is just based on my research online. 

Great table-cart combo! I have a VPI/Dynavector combo that I love. Perfect (so far) combo for me. have you heard the combo before? Are you familiar with the general sound from both brands?

I don't know enough about the Marantz or Warfdales to comment, but I would imagine you could start there and still have plenty of room for upgrades if you saw fit. Your table would easily keep up.

What ajxd said. I always mention buying used because in that price range the difference in sound between new and used is the biggest.

Also, that Wharfedale Diamond range is an "entry level" sound. The PM8005 would be a really solid match if you're set on buying new, but for speakers definitely aim higher.

Awesome thanks!

Music Direct just had a stock of B-stock Scout SE's for $1200. They're sold out, but you need to get on a few mailing lists to catch those deals.

http://www.musicdirect.com/p-278952-marantz-pm8005-integrated-amp-b-stock.aspx

$950 for PM8005.

Saw an old sale from this year on USA Audiomart where one sold for $700.

No not yet.. this is just based on my research online.

Ok, so, here's a secret... (Don't tell anyone.) I bought my VPI unheard, same as you, based on VPI's rep, reviews, and of course because it looks cool. I was VERY happy. But I did have a cartridge I was already familiar with(Denon DL-160), that I took with me when I upgraded. The Denon was clearly out matched by the table, but it wasn't bad. I upgraded after a while, but Dynavector and Denon have a similar sound (IMHO), so the whole thing was/is great. Recently I tried a 2M Black on my Classic and didn't care for it. It was great in some ways, but I just prefer a different sound.

I guess I'm writing my life story to suggest that you should know a little bit of what you are getting into, sound-wise, dropping that much cash. And really only because there is so many different sounding pieces of equipment out there. You want to make sure it's a sound you like.

all that stuff he said.  You'll get a lot of variety in answers on speakers because of subjective preferences and objective considerations like room size, layout, etc.

for what it's worth, I have been keeping my eye on the Monitor Audio Gold line.  They recently updated the line and you may see some good deals on clearance soon.