Rules/Consequences Thread

Can we get the mods in here to explain what the rules/consequences of the board are?

Perhaps a full explanation of how the warning/ban system works and how much of it is up to the discretion of the mods?

What results in a warning?

What results in a ban?

I was recently informed that two warning points = a temporary ban, never knew.

Thanks.

In a nutshell. 

You act a fool, you'll get warned. Aggressive behavior (insults, racial slurs/comments, personal attacks, etc.) may result in warnings, suspensions, or outright bans. It's case by case and severity of occurrence. 

Any obvious trolling will result in the same. 

The warning points is also discretionary. Yes, 2 warning points will result in a temporary suspension. 3 points and you're gone. 

I haven't done it yet, but I can and will remove points over time depending if the "behavior" that warranted the initial warning point(s) has been curbed. 

It's not a perfect system. Jared and discuss plenty via PM's when anything gets reported or brought to our attention that needs to be addressed and handled. 

How much more would y'all like to know? Feel free to ask. I'm always up for a constructive discussion. 

In a nutshell. 

You act a fool, you'll get warned. Aggressive behavior (insults, racial slurs/comments, personal attacks, etc.) may result in warnings, suspensions, or outright bans. It's case by case and severity of occurrence. 

Any obvious trolling will result in the same. 

The warning points is also discretionary. Yes, 2 warning points will result in a temporary suspension. 3 points and you're gone. 

I haven't done it yet, but I can and will remove points over time depending if the "behavior" that warranted the initial warning point(s) has been curbed. 

It's not a perfect system. Jared and discuss plenty via PM's when anything gets reported or brought to our attention that needs to be addressed and handled. 

How much more would y'all like to know? Feel free to ask. I'm always up for a constructive discussion. 

This is more what I was looking for, much appreciated, Juan.

I know, and understand that egregious violations (such as say...cloning someone's account to poke fun at them) result in a point, that makes plenty of sense. But what about users who are generally just kind of...assholes overall.

Users who seem to "violate the spirit" of the boards. We all know who I'm referring to in particular in this post.

This is more what I was looking for, much appreciated, Juan.

I know, and understand that egregious violations (such as say...cloning someone's account to poke fun at them) result in a point, that makes plenty of sense. But what about users who are generally just kind of...assholes overall.

Users who seem to "violate the spirit" of the boards. We all know who I'm referring to in particular in this post.

I, personally, am an overall asshole.