PO: Limbeck - Hi, Everything's Great

Has anybody gotten any updates from Doghouse on this? Their site states should ship around June 1st, but I haven't seen anything.

I sent an email to Doghouse customer service but never got a response, hoping maybe someone else did.

I've been getting emails about the Say Anything box set I ordered being delayed due to RSD and also warping issues.  If they're using the same plant for this (which is in europe) then the Limbeck release is delayed as well. I ordered both, I thought they were just waiting to mail mine until the SA came in. Guess not.

Update from Doghouse:

"We are currently waiting for an update on the Limbeck vinyl from the plant. Much like our recently Say Anything repress, it has been delayed due to high volumes of vinyl at the pressing plants. We are currently looking at an early July ship date but waiting to confirm with the plant. We will update everyone as soon as we hear. Thank you"

• 3 weeks later...

I've been getting emails about the Say Anything box set I ordered being delayed due to RSD and also warping issues.  If they're using the same plant for this (which is in europe) then the Limbeck release is delayed as well. I ordered both, I thought they were just waiting to mail mine until the SA came in. Guess not.

They should really stop promoting newer represses (Get Up Kids) and get their it together.

But then they wont get their money. They dont care how long it takes to get out to us, how many delays there is, once they got the money they know there isnt anything we can do about it besides not buy from them again. They also know that people will buy certain records no matter what, case in point : ETR, MTS, SRC.

But then they wont get their money. They dont care how long it takes to get out to us, how many delays there is, once they got the money they know there isnt anything we can do about it besides not buy from them again. They also know that people will buy certain records no matter what, case in point : ETR, MTS, SRC.

True. I wonder how many sold. They haven't responded to any of my e-mails. I might ask for a refund through PayPal and rebuy when it actually comes out.

I wonder if they will do the same thing that they did on the Say Anything press and tell people they cant get the variant they ordered.

That was my first thought. So I'm pretty much stuck...if I cancel I most likely wont get the variant I want, but if I wait I'm outside the Paypal dispute window if something were to go wrong

I wonder if they will do the same thing that they did on the Say Anything press and tell people they cant get the variant they ordered.

Or change the color of the pressings completely.  I also ordered the SA with this, I wonder if they will wait to ship both of mine until Sept. now? Sounds like something shitty they would do.

It's Doghouse so I'm expecting pretty much the worst case scenario. I normally wouldn't buy from them but selling my white version of the original press is one of my biggest regrets.

I'm with ya, this is the only thing I'm ever planning on buying from them...unless they press Let Me Come Home

Why are you SO many people so impatient...? Plants are VERY slow now and there are often/usually delays...I'm assuming most here weren't a part of mail/catalog ordering world that wasn't Instant grat. Remember, It's a record...you can do without it for a bit longer...go ride your fixie around town in the meantime.

Why are you SO many people so impatient...? Plants are VERY slow now and there are often/usually delays...I'm assuming most here weren't a part of mail/catalog ordering world that wasn't Instant grat. Remember, It's a record...you can do without it for a bit longer...go ride your fixie around town in the meantime.

Especially on an album that's this old....it's not as if we haven't heard the album already (maybe not the two bonus songs, granted). Completely agree

Right....so what we're saying is before internet there was mail-order where you sent off money and held tight without any form of communication and just let it be and someday a brand new shiny record showed up.....so it does actually boil down to lack of patience. Patience with them (you have no idea what they're doing with their lives outside of Doghouse) and patience with the thought that you ordered something and it's taking longer than expected and you're not willing to wait it out. Internet age has made kids incredibly entitled and impatient.

Really throwing around the kids thing? Cause I'm sure 18year olds are clamoring for limbeck in 2015. I know how mail order works. If you want to run a mail order that's great, but don't use new technology, pre orders, update websites and then claim but if it was mail order you'd wait.it's doghouse so I'm not surprised it's like this at all. In the time it takes them to respond to three emails about this they could have sent an email blast to who ordered. But then again this is the same label that stole how much money from people? I don't expect good business practices from them.

right.....so you know how pre-ordering works.....and yet you proceed to pre-order an item from a non-reputable label whose business practices you don't trust nor agree with

VS

Waiting on the item to pop up in their store and ordering it from them.....because you're scared you'll miss out on the limited variant?

maxresdefault.jpg

right.....so you know how pre-ordering works.....and yet you proceed to pre-order an item from a non-reputable label whose business practices you don't trust nor agree with

VS

Waiting on the item to pop up in their store and ordering it from them.....because you're scared you'll miss out on the limited variant?

maxresdefault.jpg

I watched that movie yesterday, and that dude may be the best part.

Doghouse does suck though. Unless they reissue the first All-American Rejects album, I'll never give them my money again. Not after the Say Anything fiasco.

I wanted to give this album as a gift when I paid for it in February. That gift date has long passed so I cancelled my order. Maybe it was dumb of me to expect a record within two months of the scheduled release date. Maybe it is okay to be frustrated about the delay without any proactive communication